Climatic Injuries Training - Pause and Reassess Order July 2022

If RAFAC were to pull out of RIAT, I would of RIAT could actually operate :man_shrugging:t2::roll_eyes:

Cheap labour covering areas that the RAF can no longer cope with, resource-wise.

Free litter collection operatives.

And remember, someone has to crash all those tents that have been put up in the last week :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They’d bus SATT recruits in from Halton.

1 Like

What SATTs? The system is empty!

They would have to drag in some regulars

Some of Penny Morduants civil reserve force…
:joy::rofl:

1 Like

Does noone on here have an insider at RIAT? Surely they must be having some rather squeaky bum time teams chats?

Nijmegen is a really good example of how to manage heat with high activity. And the fact that even that is capable of being canned shows that nothing should be invincible.

3 Likes

Still nothing formal heard here.

Most of all.
I just hope everyone will be ok at RIAT.

Its an airless place when the heat beats down on that (and any) airfield.

4 Likes

Should all of just received an email…

When you say “all”… Certain regions?

HQAC digital user send to all…

No sign here

Think it may have went to OCs/WSOs?

looks like it - I certainly have received the email in the last few minutes

Care to share?

These are the headlines:

• All physical RAFAC activity in the UK Amber Heat Warning area is paused between 17-19 July, subject to review by HQ RAFAC (for ‘National’ events) and Rgnl Comdts
  • Non-physical activity, such as a parade night, or those outside of the heat warning area, must review actions and control within risk assessments
  • Authorisation for any physical activity to continue lies with HQ RAFAC (for ‘National’ events) and Rgnl Comdts subject to updated risk assessments and a review of **Heat and Cold Illness Prevention JSP 375 Vol 4 Chapter 41-**42

Nothing received here…

So this looks different to what was sent via the CoC last night/this morning?

are you an OC? I think it may have just gone to OCs of all types - its not clear from the email as theres no visible distribution list