Clay Target Shooting

I have merged the two similar threads together.

Iā€™ve not been able to find any squadrons around here that run clay target shooting, which is odd, because everybody and their mums is packinā€™ round 'ere.

Is there anybody between Nottingham and Newcastle who wouldnā€™t mind me coming along on your next shoot to see how things work? It would be much appreciated.

Nottingham - Newcastleā€¦ thats a fair area.

Why limit yourself?

[failing to resist temptation]

like whoā€¦? :wink:

[quote=ā€œjacquesā€ post=5925]Iā€™ve not been able to find any squadrons around here that run clay target shooting, which is odd, because everybody and their mums is packinā€™ round 'ere.

Is there anybody between Nottingham and Newcastle who wouldnā€™t mind me coming along on your next shoot to see how things work? It would be much appreciated.[/quote]

You could try contacting the Trent Wing Shooting guysā€¦ They use Beckingham and digby for their CTS Shoots

Leeroy

[quote=ā€œsteve679ā€ post=5935][failing to resist temptation]

like whoā€¦? ;)[/quote]Farmers.

Donā€™t forget farmersā€™ mums :wink:

Activly running clay target shooting in north Wilts, to the extent 5 units funded it to the tune of Ā£500 each then we received a grant of Ā£6000 from the RAF Charitable Trust. Advantage we operate on a Army clay range with both the army and our clay group have combined resource.

The Corps development officer have give you details of the way forward, I am happy to advise how we went about it and the pit falls.

So far we have 3 traps 4 guns, with use of the army kit we can set up a range with 5 traps.

Does anybody have a reference for the DIN with the details of the Army Rifle Association shotgun courses please?

The Courses are published via the CCRS Calendar

HERE

2013DIN10-002

Contact the army shooting association direct.

5 years laterā€¦

Picking up on this chain as ā€˜developmentsā€™ progress.
Has anyone had success in utilising a commercial ground that will allow you entry as an external instructor with a group of cadets to shoot?
Iā€™m typically finding that grounds that were amenable to the idea pre-covid are no longer.
Most grounds (understandably) want to provide their own instructors as itā€™s more profitable.

Any one had some luck and if so, where?

Thanks

holy-thread-resurrection-batman

8 Likes

Youā€™ll struggle, as you say they want their own instructors usually to add to the cost.

Itā€™s almost never financially sensible doing it that way.