Claiming Gift Aid from Subscriptions

To assume is to make an ASS of U and ME

Continuing the discussion from Claiming Gift Aid from Subscriptions:

As a newbie to the forum I can’t send PMs yet. Would appreciate a copy of the step by step process. Just starting to get ourselves sorted with this. Can you send a link by any chance please? Many thanks.

Re the ÂŁ50 note issue,

No idea, its an HMRC stipulation, frankly I have never seen a ÂŁ50 when counting a bag pack take,

A

ZMRB ,

I have messaged you with my e mail address, please pop a request on there and I should be able to get to it on Thursday, am out of the loop till then.

Thanks

A

ZMRB, I cant see any message or e mail from you so far, if you still need help please advise.

Thanks

A

@alycidon . . . @Zmrb doesn’t have access to Private Messages yet . . .

Ok,

Contact me at Home Farm Stoves Ltd, 01327 843400.

Thanks

A

Hello. I am a fairly new treasurer for squadron and have just got HMRC confirmation that my registration for Gift Aid was successful. I now need to sort out claiming money. I know it is 3 years ago, but is your step by step instruction still available? If so, can you send me a copy. I think I do not yet have access to private messaging, so would it be Ok to phone you on the telephone number you previously gave on this forum.

Thanks

PS it would be great if you put it on Bader.

Hi,

Your wing treasurer should be fully aware of the ins and outs of the process.

I have not done a return for a while but need to get one moving, if nothing else to remind me of the paperwork.

Drop me a mail at geoff@homefarmstoves.co.uk or give me call 01327 843400 and I will take you through the next steps, I am usually there on Thurs, Fri and Sat 10am - 4pm.

You can claim back 4 tax years on subs providing you have the signed approval docs from your parents. You must keep an audit trail for at least 7 years as your return may be audited by HMRC., the signed docs from the parents and your squadron treasurers spreadsheet of the payments received in a tax year is what I keep.

You can only claim on bag pack collections under the Gift Aid Supplementary Donations ( GASDS) scheme once you have had two clear annual returns accepted and paid by HMRC.

I am CC only , getting something onto Badar is fine if CCs will or are able use/access it, but in my experience Bader access for CC members is at best discouraged, not sure if this will change under the new commandant, maybe other wings have more enlightened ideas. I have visited and hopefully educated all our wing squadrons but you might guess that post Covid things will have slipped as CC members change.

A squadron charging ÂŁ10 a month subs and getting back 20 or so signed returns will generate ÂŁ600 a year via this scheme plus another 20% ( 25%?) of your back pack bankings under GASDS. It is backside ache to set up and do but it is worthwhile especially as takings from bag packs decline due to home deliver/click and collect etc.

A

1 Like

Maintaining access to Gov Gateway without RAFAC email address
Apparently CC members are having RAFAC email accounts (and presumably therefore also BADER access) removed at some point. It might be prudent therefore for any CC that currently uses a RAFAC hosted email account for accessing the Gov Gateway for their annual Gift Aid claims to login to their squadron HMRC Business Tax Account and re-invite themselves as a secondary team member with a personal and non-RAFAC email address. Just as a safeguard to maintain easy access to this valuable source of squadron income.

Is this something you’ve just written or copied and pasted from somewhere that’s been sent to you?

I highly recommend against this. It would surely be preferable to use either the oc.sqn account or the generic account. These are accounts that will always be with the squadron, no matter what personnel changes happen.

Ref: Proposed Changes to Civilian Committees - #270 by themajor

Permanent RAFAC email addresses can also be added, and wise to have OC on there. But any CC member who administers Gift Aid claims won’t have access to OC.SQN or the SQN Generic accounts.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Proposed Changes to Civilian Committees

I use my work e mail address for Govt Gateway access, both for work and for Gift Aid claims. No issues.

A