Civ Committee Recruit

Hi,

Any ideas on how to recuit Civ Com?

My sqn appears to lack a civ com!

Any advice appreciated!

Get the OC to email parents, message on your Facebook group if you have one or print off leaflets for the cadets to take home and forget to give to their parents :man_shrugging:

As an OC, the most effective route for me was to explain via social media that, if they didn’t step up to be CivCom, the squadron would close.

Went from zero to eight members overnight.

1 Like

Bring in some existing parents.

Develop a squadron alumni, and put the word out through them.

Speak to your local RAFA or RBL and see if done if their members would be willing to support.

Get a post on social media, publicizing not just the squadron and the jolly awesomeness it does for the young people, but also that you need a committee to help support them. Don’t overlook LinkedIn for this.

Speak to your Wg Committee for interim support - even if they can attend to facilitate an AGM and getting it off the ground.

Get an advert on DoIt.life (Doit.co.uk (1)) and see if you have a local volunteer centre who could also distribute.

1 Like

This - we went from 0 to 3 within a couple of weeks, and within 12 months have 10.

Broke down what I needed as an OC as immediate, gave them the ACP to let them know what HQAC expect/would like. Open honesty, and what challenges they may face As a new Civ Com.

2 Likes

We played a fun trick.

Run a squadron awards night. Invite all the parents.
Then happen to have a CivCom Squadron Association AGM at the same time.

We got about 5 parents join the CivCom.

3 Likes

We do the same. Hold an open evening, invite parents. Whilst cadets set up hold the AGM. Collect a register of parents at the start and ask if they’re happy to receive an email about the committee work afterwards. Chair then emails those who agree and invite them to the next meeting, held soon after.

2 Likes