Civ Com - Enhanced DBS Check

Is it not the why the DBS , that is a dead cert yes, but how it is being implemented that is the question, 4to5000 in short time in holiday season? , Then taking the positive, online application thus allowing everyone else to follow suit. Then if WHQ decides to go into hibernation we can all just get on and do it and move on to the bit we all enjoy the most - delivering a great experience

Doesnt the ibn say this calendar year…?

You are correct but my sector cdr wants them done by end of sept.

That’s nice for him…

Civ Com have their own pillar of which he’s not a part of

2 Likes

We are part of the same organisation,

yes, but it’s not for your Sector Cdr to decide. He has no authority (oh… did I really just say that :man_facepalming:) over the Sqn’s CWC

And the civil com has no authority over uniform, its like school playground. We work together on it ir not at all

no, but but I don’t think anyone is saying that they do?

So why come on he spurting sector has no authority over civil com. The letter says soon as possible and us uniform are expected to help.

because your sector cdr can’t demand a deadline - he’s not in their CoC

So as the letter came from AOC not committee we don’t have to do anything then, out of interest are you uniform or civil com

RC North has said in VoV that there will be an IBN issued shortly, and expects the eDBS to go live this week along with it.

Also I’ll add, I’m with CCW on this. Your sector commander shouldn’t be putting in guidelines above and beyond the scope of what’s been decided by the command board. Especially when currently there isn’t even a system in place to do the eDBS.

Okay, they might say they would like them done by a certain time. And hopefully they are offering support in doing that. But there’s diddly squat they can do otherwise. I’ve not actually got sight of the letter sent to Civ Coms yet so have generally stayed out of this. But if the letter says the end of the year then that is what it is.

As to what happens if it’s not done after that, then I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I will let you know as it is not on my list of priorities, thanks for the long sensible feedback

When did it become a swear world to have aspirational targets? There is nothing wrong with HQAC saying it must be one by this date or we will do X and someone else saying “well I want it done by Y date so we make sure we make X date.”

Quite common practice in the real world

1 Like

Depends if it’s a “demand” or imposition, or an aspiration which they are also supporting.

4 Likes

Basically this.

1 Like

IBN 024 - 2021 - Enhanced DBS applications for all members of RAFAC civilian committees and trustees

I typed out my thoughts.

You know what. I just cant be bothered.

Stuff this org and its constant adding admin.

1 Like