China & Russia

1 Like

Unless we stop buying stuff from China there is no other way to get some leverage. But with a massive internal market and we have been sucked into the cheap goods, nothing will change.

Turns out it was the Russians we needed to worry about :wink:

For now - anyone else a tad tired of ‘living in interesting times’?

3 Likes

Russia & China have been coordinating for some time, both are favouring authoritarian rule & reclaiming nearby territories.

The new axis is Russia, China & North Korea versus NATO & the commonwealth with Iran playing both sides off one another.

Im going to russia in june… Fun times

Plenty of time for a brief from the HQAC security team. They’re helpful and definitely worth speaking to before you go.

3 Likes

On a serious note it might be worth getting a security brief from via the WEXO or the security bods at cranwell. Considering Russia quite favours disinformation, propaganda & false flags for a media circus it might be worth getting clued up on potential situations to watch out for.

Also It does mean if you go ‘missing’ foreign office & MoD are aware rather than trying to figure out who you are.

2 Likes

I know that for my SC through work there is a list of countries. If I want to visit any of them I have to get permission from the vetting team and get a security brief before I go, then a debrief afterwards. Russia is definitely on that list.
Might not be the same for MOD issued SC but worth checking.

5 Likes

Some of my colleagues have two passports one “clean” and one “dirty” depending on which country they go too and their attitude to visiting other places

I had a colleague who got refused entry into the US due an iran stamp in his passport

That’s where you’re lucky if you have dual citizenship. Different passports depending on where you’re going

1 Like

I would politely refuse to go to Russia right now.

1 Like

Yeah I would give that a hard swerve

1 Like

Well, unsurprisingly, it’s happening. Russia are moving into Ukraine now.

No. They are just popping round for a cheese and wine work event

3 Likes

Hope you kept your VR(T) pins.

With any luck, some of the current RAFR personnel will be drafted in to support leaving us free to run our organisation sensibly again.

10 Likes

God help Ukraine if they do.

8 Likes

Some of the total safety bureaucracy might get binned particularly as we are facing a potential war with an advanced power.