Chin Strap- No1 SD Hat

[quote=“incubus” post=5441]Hong Kong, with an area 2/3 that of greater London and a roughly comparable population.
I think a “national” team is a bit much to ask and even a wing team may be tricky to coordinate.[/quote]
It’s done all the time. If you can co-ordinate a Sqn team or a Wing team then you can co-ordinate a national team.

Those who wimp out at the first hurdle need not apply.

That was a good thread drift- I am going to put two chinstraps on my Hat as well as it appears to be the fashion, do they go one forwards and one back? and do you use two officer ones or one officer and one airmans one?

On the drill team- it could do a bit on the telly on the Remembrance night thing- would be good with QCS doing it with cadets for example, 50?50 split very good for recruiting- we’d be awash!

[quote=“asqncdr” post=5455]That was a good thread drift- I am going to put two chinstraps on my Hat as well as it appears to be the fashion, do they go one forwards and one back? and do you use two officer ones or one officer and one airmans one?

[/quote]

One round the front and one right over the top like an arch. If you stand in the right spot it acts as a hoop aerial and you can pick up the World Service.

Or pick-up whatever comes out of the wearers hoop? :lol:

I’m going to get three. Just in case one of them gets lonely if one is in use.

Just thinking, would a bit of elastic do the job?

Has anyone got a picture of this, for example how you you wear it if not on the chin?

Superglue a velcro patch in the top of the hat, another patch to the top of ya head, and bobs your mothers brother!

Trouble is the velco patches don’t adhere so well. I find that a liberal go with 3M spray mount all over my head works a treat.

When I went through IOT, the Sqn FSs would keep a large box of ‘emergency chinstraps’ in their office. If a graduation parade looked like it was going to be a bit windy, everyone would be issued an extra chinstrap. These would then be handed back immediately after the parade. I only saw this happen once, when my squadron was supporting squadron for a grad in appalling weather.

Been out today in Combats- did you know that you could undo the buttons of Forage caps and then pull them down to cover your ears!
Looks OK- never thought of it until it was demonstrated, kept me ears warm all day while everyone else suffered in Berets- nice!

We have a wing D&C team the cadets wear No1’s and use Rifles and they look damn good!!! So much so that they always get asked to preform at local events.
It really helps with the blue foot print

Indeed. Although, as the cold weather mode is so rarely used, these days many caps are made without that function. The peak and flaps are simply a single decorative layer of fabric.

or just use the chin strap that comes with it, as that is what is was designed for!

or just use the chin strap that comes with it, as that is what is was designed for![/quote]

Hang on, I’ll go back to 1989 and tell them… :ohmy:

You missed the bit where he said he was in greens… wearing a chip bag.

Lol

Suprised people havent jumped all over that

[quote=“merlin456” post=5590]Suprised people havent jumped all over that[/quote]I think we all assumed that was a wah!

No Gen, forgot my Beret and the only other thing in the car was a chip bag!

I take it you know that’s against regs.

[quote=“asqncdr” post=5600]No Gen, forgot my Beret and the only other thing in the car was a chip bag![/quote]Could you not have found an old newspaper or a car mat to use instead? It would have looked better :wink:

Dare you to tell CAS…