Ccf uniform

Youre one of the good ones!

This sort of thing normally happens when an Army SSI is involvedā€¦ Iā€™ve seen all sorts in my time and ALWAYS have a word with the staff involved - never the cadet

1 Like

Exactlyā€¦ As a uniform fun sponge flaunting of the dress regs does irritate me but it is a leadership issue rather than the Cadet themselvesā€¦ The cadets only do what their told

4 Likes

I once knew an Army SSI who had the entire 3 section contingent calling him by his first name on paradeā€¦ I also saw a young cadet wandering around with his DPM lightweight jacket wide open, untucked, no beret, hands in pocketsā€¦ Before I could give him some pointers he just wandered into the staff office where he presented himself to ask about something or other in just the same manner.
Nobody said a word about it.
No wonder this school were a sloppy lotā€¦ Itā€™s all about the staff and how they approach it.

2 Likes

I guess; hard to see. Initially I thought they were silver CCF collar badges. But thereā€™s no rank on the sleeves so I guess CUO.

Heā€™s probably ā€˜Head of Corpsā€™ or some similar designation i.e. senior cadet of the whole contingent. We have a similar post here and if Army, heā€™s allowed to carry a cane. I suspect they felt it was unfair to deny that to an RAF section post holder, though I didā€¦

PS donā€™t forget even Duke of Yorkā€™s has CUOs. They rebadge them as CWO when off-site.