CCF(RAF) teaching CCF(A)

Hi all,

I just wanted to pose this thought to see what others think about it.

I’m a Cadet SNCO at my contingent and I’ve been in charge of creating our section training plan for the last year.

Tonight, our Training Officer (Army) informed me that he would like to alternate our Year 9 Training so that an RAF NCO can teach a lesson to the RAF Section one week, and then teach the same lesson to the Army Section the next week. This would then repeat, and reduce the amount of NCOs needed. (This is only for the Autumn term, as the information taught to both sections is fairly congruent.)

We are a fairly small (<100 Cadet) contingent, however the Army Section have plenty of MOI Qualified NCOs.

I’m curious to what others think. Personally, I see no reason to have an RAF NCO teach the same lesson twice, when the Army Section have plenty of Instructor NCO’s of their own. Lesson plans would be created once and shared in this.

I’m open to any thoughts.

Why not? Only good comes out of army and RAF sections working together.

Surely it prevents the CCF(A) Instructors from building their teaching skills and experience as someone else is taking their role?

Will the Army NCOs be doing the same thing? If so, good; if not, then laziness.

In my (limited and biased) experience the RAF section NCOs tend to be more academic and better organised than the Army ones. So for some lessons they are much better. Army NCOs tend to be very good at practical skills. So sharing/swapping NCOs is a very positive thing on both sides but a one-sided arrangement isn’t.

1 Like