CCF funding an update

I’m trying to find information for a friend, who’s grandson goes to a CCF unit. He’s in the RAF section, but there is also an Army section. His mother, my friend’s daughter, is frustrated, as is he, as the Army CCF appear to be following a training programme, going on activities, camps etc, whilst the RAF section doesn’t appear to be doing anything. I’ve already signposted to the nearest ATC squadron to where they live, as he is keen to join the RAF when he leaves school and wants to get the best cadet experience he can.

I’ve already done a search on here and haven’t found the answer to the question - who funds what? My impression is that for this CCF the Army funds a large proportion of what’s on offer, so where does that leave the RAF section? Is there funding? How is it apportioned? Should he be getting a better deal than he is?

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer

Sounds like a failure of the RAF Section commander /contingent Commander if the RAF Section are not doing anything. There is a formal training programme and plenty of camps/courses out there. Or he could apply for the Army courses as generality CCF courses offer spaces to the other sections as well