CCF Distinguishing Badge Location

OK, so I’m not a new cadet (gimme hate, I’m a L/Cpl), but only just received my brassard because supply issues.
I understand that the CCF badge is supposed to be “worn centrally in the highest possible position with the top edge 6mm from the edge of the brassard”
The ATC squadron badge is to be “worn centrally at the top of the brassard, 6mm from the top edge”

The wording for CCF badge suggests that the badge be 6mm from the top, which is therefore not the highest possible position, but brings it into parity with the ATC. The other interpretation is that the badge is to be worn touching the top edge with the edges 6mm from the SIDES of the brassard.

I’ve heard from the SNCOs that it should touch the top, but wanted to check the wording.

Can someone just confirm which one it should be?
Thx

The ATC Sqn badges are the same size.

CCF school designators all vary considerably so it goes as high up as it can as you don’t have the ATc or Sqn number badge.

Best option is speak to your head of section or see if there is a photo in school archives /media so you can comply with the local regs.

2 Likes

My understanding of that would be that the badge should go as high up as it can go, considering the differing sizes (more importantly widths) of the CCF badges. However, if the size of the badge would allow for it to go at the very top - you should leave 6mm.

1 Like

I’d agree. As stated CCF badges vary considerably - I had mine made the same size and colours as the ATC badges because our Army section stopped wearing them so there was no point in continuing to have green and yellow mudguards! I changed them for ATC75 in 2016 given we were originally an ATC squadron in 1941.

1 Like