Car insurance fun

So rather than start a new thread I’ve just come across the most odd thing yet.

Potential new car so checking the quotes and zero no claims discount they are offering the same cover from the same company for £60 less than having 4 years NCD :person_shrugging::person_facepalming:

Not hit anything in 4 years, must be due a knock.

When I started driving 4 years would get you 45-50% cheaper than zero NCD all other things being equal now it just seems they make it up as they go and hope the price is something someone’s willing to pay

Yep, the recent rule changes saying they have to offer existing customers the same as new has just meant that they alter what they offer new customers until you actually call them up and discuss with them then the prices seem to level out.

1 Like

That part I get, but that should only mean that both an existing customer and new customer in the same risk area, with the same car, same claim history and same NCD requesting the same cover are quoted the same.

I find it odd that in a situation where all other things being equal and both are considered new that the quote with zero no claims be around 10% less than that for one with 4 years NCD :man_shrugging: