Cannot access cadets.bader.mod.uk

Good evening, we are having difficulties in accessing the cadet portal. We have a log in for our daughter, and we have managed to log in, but when we tried to change details we were taken out of the portal and can no longer access the web page ‘cadets.bader.mod.uk’.

Would it be possible to let us know whether we have to change any internet settings to access the portal or is it something that we cannot fix? We need to access the portal so that our daughter can be involved in all that is required of her with the ATC.

What exactly isn’t working? What exact errors are you getting when trying to access Cadet Portal?

What I will say though is Cadet Portal is really there for the cadets, not parents. A big part of our organisation is encouraging independence. Cadet Portal has been designed and built for cadets to access.

There really should be no need for you to access Cadet Portal your selves. If your daughter is having issues accessing it, then she aught to speak directly to her Sqn staff.

I’ll also add, I’m pretty sure parent access goes against the terms of use of cadet portal too. Accessing it with your daughter is fine, but having direct access without her is not.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply, I was assisting my daughter with the portal, as this was her first time using it. The error that pops up when we try to access the portal is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, it says that the web browser cannot reach the webpage. We tried it on Chrome and Edge and the same error occurs. My daughter also tried it on her mobile and she is getting the same issue. She cannot access the portal on any of her devices or laptop.

Could be your ISP is blocking access - do you have any parental controls set up?

It might have been classified as military and therefore not allowed?

1 Like

if its a school owned computer or has an organisation on it it could be blocking the access, could that be it?

Reset your cache, it might just be cadet portal since I’ve never known a month where it hasn’t been down. If not, run windows diagnostics tool, it will look for any issues.

Odd. That’s a DNS issue with NXDOMAIN meaning non-existent - either site being down or incorrect address entered.

I’ve just tried it and the site appears to be working (unless the error is after the log in screen).

Thank you all for your support. My daughter tried it on her phone using data and not wifi and it worked. I guess it could be a wifi issue. I will investigate it further.

1 Like

You wouldn’t happen to be on Vodafone for your internet provider would you?

There were issues with them before with accessing Bader apps

No, we are not on vodaphone we don’t live on the mainland and have local broadband. I will have my daughter ask her Sargent if this is a known issue or an isolated problem. They may have come across this before.