Can I wear my mtp if they’re different colours?

I recently got my mtp but the jacket is slightly darker than the trousers. Can I still wear them? They’re almost the same colour but just slightly different

1 Like

If both MTP then that’s fine.

My smock is no where near the colour of my trousers but it just adds to the effect.

2 Likes

Even if issued brand new, you tend to find over time that the trousers & shirt/lightweight jacket fade to a colour lighter than the smock, just through some being washed more than others.

You will be in good company!

1 Like

Of course, otherwise every time you needed to exchange your trousers, you’d have to exchange your shirt as well (or vice versa), which would be a waste of taxpayers’ money.

2 Likes

If they’re both MTP, they’re fine to wear together.

If they’re both DPM, they’re fine to wear together.

If one is MTP and the other DPM, then they must not be worn together.

3 Likes

Okay thank you!

Okay thank you

1 Like

I Have always told my cadets i would rather them wear DPM goretex with MTP than no goretex at all. You wear what you get or what you pay for.

4 Likes

This is fully allowed per the regs AFAIK. You can’t mix DPM/MPT normally, the exception is waterproofs and/or equipment (webbing, rucksacks etc)

2 Likes

Officially, the top layer should all be the same even if it is different to the under layer (so DPM Gore-Tex top & bottom with MTP trousers & shirt), but given health & safety trumps all I’m certainly not telling a cadet to remove their DPM Gore-Tex jacket because it doesn’t match with their MTP trousers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.