Camp stores

Are cadets allowed to go to stores on a camp on an RAF base and if so what is the procedure?

Normal practice is no…however when i carry out the first uniform inspection i endeavour to go to stores to swap uniform that needs replacing…but each camp to their own

1 Like

When i used to CC on camps, I always told the staff and cadets that stores was out of bounds. Any uniform requests were to be placed with me and I would then be the only person going into stores.

It worked for me and kept the stores staff happy as they weren’t being bombarded with strangers coming in asking for stuff.

Using this method, I got more kit than I ever have and even got extra items which were divvied up between the attending Sqns.

Obviously cadets who are either in desperate need for bits will get priority.

2 Likes

Tbh, I’d be surprised if a cadet had time to go for themselves but no, cadets are rarely allowed in stores.

Oftentimes they aren’t the most receptive bunch and it can take some careful rapport-building for Cadet camps to be allowed access - even then usually quite restricted. Some camps have a blanket ban passed down from on high. So don’t walk past and just “pop in”.

Staff will sort as much as they can.

1 Like