Cadet portal training programme upload

I’ve followed the instructions on how to upload a training programme to cadet portal but no matter what browser or file type I use it won’t seem to stick.

It recognises there is a document to upload, I get a progress bar, but when that hits full the screen refreshes and everything has disappeared.

Am I going mad?

@james_elliott

A good rule of thumb these days is - “If it doesn’t seem to be working - hit F5 to refresh the page”.
There are known issues at present. Otten times, things have worked but they may not appear until the page is refreshed.

You need to make sure that your SMS account has the Unit admin selections ticked. Speak to your OC to make the changes.

Not showing after refreshes and confirmed that cadets can’t see it on the portal.

I’ll get the OC to check permissions for me as next port of call.

I had a problem with it this week. Inform your wing Bader contact. OC also had problems with uploads.

Trying to upload now but just refreshes page without uploading. I’m logged in as teaching officer too.

The SMS developer is looking into this right now over the weekend - if you could email the documents you are trying to upload, details of which account you are using and what browser/OS to vsdt@aircadets.org, that would be really helpful to try and figure out what is happening.

2 Likes

Many thanks. I’ll pop out in an email

1 Like

Sounds similar to the issue I had a little while back.

I was trying to upload a pdf.

We have had no problems when dragging and dropping however, you can only do current month and next month from our experience.

I’ve had no problems with either method of upload. Managed to upload PDFs for January through March with no dramas on Chrome.

Email dropped over earlier. Couldn’t upload under training officer and OC has had issues too. Only uploading PDFs so we’ll see what happens.

I’ve tried drag and drop, or choosing a file the long way. I couldn’t get it to work either from my MacBook at home or the squadron PC running windows.

Have tried safari, chrome and Firefox.

Just tried again now and looks like no fix yet. Sorry!

EDIT TO ADD: Also tried as pdf, word and excel files.

I was frustrated - but mine just needed a refresh.
After I logged off in a huff (I have my moments!), and logged on later - ta-da - there were 2 copies!

Afternoon All,

We have identified the problem - this was a simple permissions issue which shouldn’t have really been a problem, but apparently is.

To fix the issue, you need to have the Unit Admin Amend permission in place and then you should be good to go.

Many thanks to all of those who helped us identify and fix this!

Edit: I got the bit wrong about removing the requirement for the permission - you will need Unit Admin Amend to be able to upload a training programme.

3 Likes