Cadet Portal Contact

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows how to get in contact with the developers of bader, I’m looking for an API or export of some sort that we can use to automate tasks on sqn and share them with others.

I’m an experienced developer and would like to reach out to the staff who manage this.

Can anyone help me please?

1 Like

Unlikely they would expose an API for governance reasons. But feel free to email digitallead@rafac.mod.gov.uk.

3 Likes

Im 99.999% sure the answer will be nope due infosec but worth the question. Probably MOD infosec policy over ours as we are hosted on their server farms

Pretty sure as well that an API will be a “no” for 3rd party development, but they might have something or add something to the (already long) list of niceties or be open to offers of assistance.

What sort of tasks are you looking to automate? If you think you have ideas (and equally important, relevant technical skills) that would benefit your squadron, why not develop it to benefit all squadrons by building it inside the Bader ecosystem by volunteering?

The Digital team are also keen to ensure that RAFAC data is stored/protected within authorised, assured systems rather than put our sensitive data at risk outside of that.

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies, I will get in contact.

In terms of automation tasks, I am looking to make squadron administration a little easier. Just small tasks that will add up. One example is staff being notified when a cadet completed their exams for a certain classification as it then saves having to alert staff, then them having to check which exams they have passed to determine their classification. I was speaking to my squadron staff the other night and this was one of the bigger issues they were having.

In the end, if it’s not possible to do any of this, it isn’t the end of the world but it would be extremely helpful and would allow for a lot more capabilities.

There was discussion in one of the Town Halls about an API being developed to allow for integration with Westminster.

Whether it can be used more widely is up to the Digital Team I guess

I think these are the sort of things that are already being looked at, but are not priority.

Send an email and have a chat. I’m sure @Ben_Wakefield will happily discuss!

If you are an experienced developer, you may even want to apply to volunteer with the VSDT.

1 Like

A good use would be to send notifications when staff mandatory training expires or is about to expire. Would save the paid staff the effort of having to put a spreadsheet together and CFAV having to check volunteer portal regularly.

The Access / DutySheet system pops up with a logon message when you have a certification expiring in 30days.

Might make wing First aid officers lives a lot simpler.

That’s only helpful if people log in to VP regularly though. At the moment, the only reason I use VP is to check my mandatory training is in date.

I was thinking SMS, I don’t even use Volunteer Portal for that & use units even less.

& considering the ACF have launched a new cadet portal that’s hosted on defence gateway along with a portal for parents I do wonder how long the separate develop of the bader family of programs will continue.

Did see a comment by Comdt AC on FaceAche that this is coming out on next couple of months. Makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

@ AlmightyShow Did you by any chance talk to me last Saturday about this :thinking: ? or was that someone else with similar idea ?

No, it wasn’t me that spoke to you. I will reach out later this week.