Cadet Direct producing Rank slides RAF Air Cadets

Yes it would. I’d be rather annoyed too that I couldn’t just go and buy a metre of braid at the stores. You’d still have to have braid anyway, for No 1s etc etc.

Surely that’s the RAF Regiment way (and now, from a distance, every RAFAC officer looks like a Regiment officer). Normal branches just have plain braid.

It’s also the Pilot & Flying Officer way for everyone in the RAF

Correct to an extent - but not necessarily for everyone. And anyway, 5 minutes later they get Flt Lt.:wink:

Very few RAFAC officers look like regiment officers, even from a very long distance.

10 Likes

Speak for yourself…
I’m only 6 stone heavier than a regiment officer… but I put the down to brains :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

This is true - so few ATC huts have barriers…

3 Likes

Indeed, we seem to have obstacles instead.

3 Likes

I was confused last week though at Cosford til I realised! Lots of female Regt Officers too.:grin:

where?
On the RIAT for Staff Facebook group: for ease

GPJ%20Sildes

Lol I hope they get issued sooner than.new dress policy

does the FB page give any idea of what the GPJ slides will look like?

you know as much as i do…there is nothing more given

Now if HQAC could also supply these damned WO/SNCO rank slides at £2.50 per pair that would be just splendid.
I utterly refuse to spend £6 at RipOff Direct. It’s bad enough that the organization has given them the contract to supply such utter tat, without further lining their pockets at over the top prices.

2 Likes

Seems we can expect GPJ rank slides to be approved soon and that a design has been agreed

Source - Ask the team

A design is simple.

Just change the colour of the rank slide to that of the GP jacket.

Job done.

1 Like

And make the lettering a different colour.

No doubt it’ll be just in time for the GPJ to be replaced.

I’d leave it black.

Will they be issued or will we have to buy them?