Cadet Direct GPJ Officer Rank Slides

I am told they were the only company who proved they could provide the things in the correct design during the bidding process, and that they are actually doing us a deal! I’m not convinced.

With the technology available today I can’t think that’s right.
I wonder who in the MOD has shares in cadet direct?

I suspect that’s because they had actually created a design unlike HQAC who hadn’t thought that far ahead!

1 Like

Unless they send you the slides with the righting that is 5mm and the Flt Lt MTP are out of stock.

RO Direct are always advertising in the Air Cadet Rag. that cant be cheap.

The new rank slides (GPJ & MVP) make the uniform look better and doesn’t cost the MOD/RAFAC any money.
I wonder when the common sense “Yes” answer from HQRAFAC will happen, or should I not hold my breath?

Anyone know why our official DPM slides are multi-cam and not MTP? Is there a licence to pay for or something?

Sorry to resurrect this from the ashes… But after more than 2 years of avoiding spending any money on ripoff direct slides I’ve finally decided to bow to buy some, as the jersey slides on the GPJ look gash…

Has anyone bought them from CD recently, or another supplier and are in line with the current spec (grey text)?

I bought from Cadet Direct and they look great, what’s even better is that despite purchasing from the recommended supplier after their inclusion in dress regs… they have black text, so easily winds up those extra special SNCOs who lack any type of understanding!!

I don’t know why we couldn’t just retain the old style with different lettering?

Ordinary RAF rankslides with RAFAC pins. Would look much better.

1 Like

Because ubermench Dawn wanted to really make us all aware of the special place we hold as mere youth leaders.

2 Likes

So, from reading this I gather there are different styles of writing on the rank slides?

I wasn’t given any rank slides at initial kitting and I think my wing are running low. I have one set of jersey ones, but it is a bit too hot to be wearing a jersey at present. I could do with a another set for Wedgwoods, but I am in two minds as I have OIC in a few months.

Just wear whatever you are issued regardless of how they look and let the powers that be get excited as this may get things changed. If you are at OIC and they don’t like them, tough. It’s what you are issued with and unless it’s an optional item, which a rank slide shouldn’t be, we shouldn’t have to buy them.

People buying them is the soft option and easy out for HQAC et al and one they seem increasingly leaning towards.