BWPA Scholarships

The following maybe useful/of interest to share to your units for female flying scholarships

The British Women’s Pilots Association have 15 different scholarships available

For full details and application forms, visit their website: https://bwpa.co.uk/scholarships/2021-scholarships/

Of these 15, the following likely to be the most relevant for cadets

BWPA Flying Start Scholarships
Three scholarships, each for £1500, for new, inexperienced pilots to gain their first qualifications.

BWPA 624Squadron.com Scholarship
One scholarship of £1250 for a female aviation enthusiast for her own special mission and flying adventure, donated in proud memory of 624 (Special Duties) Squadron Royal Air Force

BWPA Easy PPL Ground School Scholarships
Two scholarships, each for the full value of a Private Pilot’s Licence ground school course

BWPA Helicentre Aviation Introductory Scholarship
One scholarship of £975 towards a two-day introductory helicopter training course.

5 Likes

Need to be a member in order to apply, £22 for this category:

Those aged 16 or 17… may join as Concessionary Members.

I advertised this on our sqn, & in particular, targeted a couple of likely cadets.

It just goes to show that if you ask, you don’t get:clap: :clap:

One very proud Sqn Av O - oh, & one very capable cadet, the other 10 hrs of flying mentioned was ACPS. :wink:

5 Likes

I am thrilled someone not only advertised it to the Cadets but that resulted in a Cadet not only applying but also was successful.

chalking this one up as a minor “win” :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Don’t tell 2 FTS or HQAC, they’ll want to ban advertising it or worse ‘pause’ it whilst they think about it.

3 Likes

One of my cadets was looking at this one (I think) a while back. That’s when she discovered she’s not British! She was born here but didn’t automatically become British and her parents never got round to applying for her citizenship. She always thought she was a dual national. Apparently it led to an awkward discussion as many scholarships are limited to citizens apparently. She’s now trying to sort it before uni

they can try banning me from advertising it to my Cadets, and fellow CFAVs but it won’t stop me.

they don’t have anything to think about. Given we see BAE systems apprentice schemes advertised and other similar aviation themed jobs advertised they have no leg to stand on as this is not a Cadet event, completed under the umbrella of the RAFAC

2 Likes

May not stop them trying as it shows up the RAFAC in a very poor light. No advertising on premises etc.

1 Like

That would be interesting with the Marshall link to the Air League :roll_eyes: but would they care :man_shrugging:t2: