Buying uniform

I know MTP has been done to death however a friend of mine has just been appointed as a SNCO and his Sqn has a very short supply of CS95 he was going to go buy some for himself but I did tell him it might make more sense to buy MTP as its future proof now the question is where is the best place to get it from?? Either online or in the Gloucester area

eBay. Prices are very reasonable. I got a full set including smock for under ÂŁ60

Ex-MOD MTP

This is the best source I have seen with consistent stock as well a the option to buy in bulk

I wonder while there is a moritorium on getting ordinary uniform, are people buying it from surplus shops? I wouldn’t advocate any of the cadet supply outfits.
I’ve told my CWC to expect this expenditure if we need to.

i got the shirt off my cousin, trousers and smock from surplus store. the shirt i got for free, the trousers i got for ÂŁ20 and the smock i got for ÂŁ40

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=14608]I wonder while there is a moritorium on getting ordinary uniform, are people buying it from surplus shops? I wouldn’t advocate any of the cadet supply outfits.
I’ve told my CWC to expect this expenditure if we need to.[/quote]

Must admit if something is issued I will never buy it we have to spend enough on uniform and other bits as it is (Greens, Boots ect)

We have a neighbouring army cadet unit and they started hoarding MTP well before they got issued with it and talking to them they said ah, do you want some, come have a look in my stores, there’s stacks of the stuff.

Best not tell everyone on the internet, then, in case they get in trouble and the extra stock is withdrawn.

Doh!

[quote=“flago” post=14593]Ex-MOD MTP

This is the best source I have seen with consistent stock as well a the option to buy in bulk[/quote]

Especialy i you get 10 people together and buy from their Wholesale stock it realy does work out at ba good price,and their grade 1 is usualy good quality.

Thats great but its no use to the res of us :stuck_out_tongue:

eBay is definitely worth a look.

I had intended to start stocking up last spring, knowing that the authorization was coming, with a view to offering good deals selling it on. Couldn’t afford to at the time which was a great shame because the day we were authorized some items were selling for 4 times what they were before.

That said, I still see bargains on there a lot. A lot of brand new kit too. Trousers shouldn’t cost you more than about £10-£15 with postage. If it’s more than £20 then don’t bother - hold out a bit long for the bargain.
Lightweight jackets much the same. I have seen brand new smocks go for less than ÂŁ20.

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=14608]I wonder while there is a moritorium on getting ordinary uniform, are people buying it from surplus shops? I wouldn’t advocate any of the cadet supply outfits.
I’ve told my CWC to expect this expenditure if we need to.[/quote]

I’ve had some stuff from www.uniformstores.co.uk - I’ve found their stuff to be official MoD standard stuff rather than copies - plus most it is not expensive compared to other surplus stuff that sell the copies.
They’ve got RAF blue shirts as well

I’ve just deleted ANOTHER post from TG.

I’m going to temporarily ban him. I have sent him a PM asking him not to advertise.

OK, I get an error when trying to ban him.

Can someone else do it? Or fix my banning privileges?

Sorry to revive an old thread but looks like ex-mod is either down or gone.

Who do people recommend going to for bits and pieces (especially as COVID means my trousers are a bit of a squeeze…)?

Used these in the past.

Just avoid Ripoff Direct.

3 Likes

British Military Surplus is the retail side of one of the official MoD surplus companies (Field Textiles).

1 Like

I’d second them. Helpful and fair prices.

The other option is to set up some alerts on eBay and see what comes up. Can get bargains that way.

1 Like

Ta everyone!

If it’s just individual bits them I’d just hit eBay, I think that field textiles can be a bit steep for single items - however if its a Sqn purchase I’ve found FT to be very good.