Building issues and sqn merge

Hi all, our sqn building is unsafe to access right now and we are going to parade with another sqn. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any advice?

Hapoens fairly regularly… Just need to accept it and crack on.

At a previous unit the ceiling fell in at one end of the building. We closed until it could be investigated and found subsidence has caused it and would have only taken a few hard pushes in the right place one of the walls would come down.

We reopened in the ACF building and cracked on. The ATC hut was knocked down before it fell down and once cleared and flattened became a drill square…the ATC unit still share the ACF building on the promise of a new building!

Yes, I’ve been at 2 Sqns where we’ve colocated. As @AlexCorbin says, just deal with it tbh. Life goes on. You might gain some cdts, you might lose some. You get to learn how another Sqn does stuff you might like, or realise you never want to do it that way again. See it as a learning opportunity from many perspectives

1 Like

Thank you for putting it more eloquently than me :joy:

I think that’s going to be the standard way forward, Joint Centres, reduces RFCAs footprint and costs, or so they say!

Thanks all! To be honest I’m looking forward to the new challenge as a fs.

3 Likes

100% the right attitude and with that attitude and motivation should thrive!

5 Likes

Maybe being a WWO’s PA is my new calling

2 Likes

Let’s not joke…

Hqac are so thick that they might think this is a good idea and strip yet another 30 persons off Sqns and move them to wing.
Then where does it end?

Wg cdr PA?
Dep Wg Cdr pa?
SME PA?

Those idiots in the white cottage will think this is ‘brilliant’ and will ‘help with the admin burden’.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Topic.

2 Likes