Brass Warrant Officer's Beret Badge - Wanted (and also For Sale)

I’ve been on the lookout for a brass WOs beret badge for some time. If anybody happens to have one they’re no longer in need of, drop me a PM.

Because they’re rare as hens teeth, I’m assuming that the above request won’t result in much. I’m therefore investigating the possibility of having a friend knock some up for me.

So… who’d want a brass WOs beret badge, and what would you be willing to pay for it?

PS. Feel free to keep your “Why would I want another thing to polish” replies to yourselves :wink:

Brass WO beret badge? I have a perfecly good gilt version of the beret and cap badge passed down by my dearest papa; they look so much better than those nasty modern ‘stay bright’ versions.

try here…

http://www.sargents-militaria.co.uk/warrant-officers-burnished-brass-badge-p-452.html

1 Like

They look just the ticket.

That 404’s. Cached version here. Has someone just bloody bought it or something?

Also: Is that definitely beret-sized rather than cap sized?

I agree – are there any gilt ones for sale anywhere, do you know?

yep it was brought soon after I posted it i believe… slightly annoying. It was cap sized. You looking for beret?

I think that that was a beret badge, the old cap badges have a defined curve so that they sit around the mohair band rather than the modern version which more seems to sit across it.

Thats due to owners bending them and no other reason

Yes. They seem to be rarer than golden rocking horse poo.