BPSS/CCF

We’ve got such a simple system that’s super easy to understand. Not complicated at all!

1 Like

How about an ATC staff cadet who is a Sgt Instructor in the ACF?

Any reason they couldn’t be 2Lt ?

I imagine the status of the others could be debated & dithered with for two years to avoid a decision but a Cadet Forces Commission is a bit harder to argue with……

Would be interesting to have them along at Wg camps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Possible but unlikely as I think they have to start as a PI first then go through the officer training process which takes a year - also some areas say you have to be a Sgt Instructor before applying for commission. I don’t know if that is universally true.

If 18/19 year old ACF subalterns do exist it would be worth getting them along just to see the look on some of our colleagues’ faces!

(Of course they could be regular 2nd Lts or even Lts who are not yet 20 and muster with us as SIs too)

1 Like

Or 18/19 year old CCF Plt Offs…

1 Like

I think that’s the case with ACF but perhaps CCF(ARMY)?

I know the was a camp at HMS Bristol where both ATC & the sea cadets were on board.

The 19 year old ATC Staff cadets were very confused that the 18 year Old POs were permitted to enter the staff wardroom (& drink alcohol!)

1 Like

Just coming back to this bit, turns out JSP 814 explicitly says “However, individuals are not allowed to be a cadet and a Cadet Force Adult Volunteer simultaneously.” So this should never happen. (Found whilst looking for an answer to that other thread!)

1 Like