Blue Wings Requirements

Hello,
I was wondering what the requirements for blue wings (flying or gliding) would be. I have done one AEF flight, am doing a GIF this weekend and have completed leading classification and have had two flights in a flight sim. I was wondering if there was anything else I was required to do? Sorry if this is a misinformed question.

1 Like

Requirements are;

• flying ops module of first class training
  • synthetic / simulator session
  • first flight

You must have all 3 to qualify for a badge - theoretically in that order, but this isn’t mandated.

1 Like

Exactly this. The idea being you do the synthetic/sim session before an actual flight, which makes it progressive. However I see a lot of cadets who have no access to the synthetic/sim stuff, (due to local constraints) so go flying first then can’t get their blue wings!

1 Like

Some flying units still hand out the badges without checking, which they shouldn’t - your WAvnO should be confirming your eligibility (CCF AvnO if you are that way inclined…)

Not sure, and will check, whether we are enforcing synthetic before first flight.

1 Like

PS - looks like any order is fine, so if anyone is being denied wings because they did the three in the wrong order, please seek clarification from your WAvnO.
The ideal order is of course synthetic first - the whole idea is that you get the most out of your first sortie because the basics of ‘stick forward, cows get bigger’ etc. are dealt with quickly and efficiently because you’ve already done that in the sim. That’s the whole point of theory first, then sim, then reality.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.