Blue wings Instructing and SIM sign off

damn i wanted to include Chinook on my listed but doubted myself!

Majority is glass, but most of the engine Ts&Ps as well as fuel information is still pinwheel gauges.

Hawk T1, Red Arrows pilots have to convert back to analogue.

Possibly the Shadow R1 which was a COTS buy, but obviously the RAF will not allow cameras anywhere near to it internally.

1 Like

Well, it’s a Beechcraft 350ER so could be a mixture of analogue / PFDs, but hopefully something like this.

Mention here of what is fitted.

Seems to make a good lead in trainer for future F16 pilots.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/ukrainian-pilots-learn-to-fly-f-16-fighter-jets-following-basic-training-in-the-uk/#:~:text=The%20RAF%20began%20delivering%20flying,to%20bolster%20Ukraine’s%20air%20capabilities.

Bader / Sharepoint / Immersive Technologies hub / Training Materials / Blue syllabus

1 Like

Not sure why you’ve posted this link? It’s not relevant to what air cadets should be taught for blue wing synthetic training.

The tutor is still in widespread use training UAS students, AEF flying for Air Cadets and is used for EFT as the Prefect cannot cope with current throughput.

But why is it there, rather than in the Cadet Training Resources Portal where everything else is?

Sorry, it has no relevance at all to the thread as such, but you asked where I got the information from, and that is where it came from. The RAF’s website says it’s not used for EFT anymore and just does UAS/cadets.

Presumably though the website is out of date based on what you’ve said!

2 Likes

Because you asked for a source?

This is stated in the linked article.

This is not.

Based on that article as a source (and also many would have thought the same based off the releases and expectations at the time of introducing the Prefect), Rexan’s original statement is logical.

You, apparently, happen to know different. It happens and we’re happy to have contextual or experiential knowledge shared in an amicable, cooperative fashion.

If you ever think something is irrelevant, you can report it to be looked at by a mod. Honestly although we’re not too militant about small drifts, it would be helpful if more people did this as it helps us catch things earlier. Even if we don’t act we can monitor just in case things devolve.

This time though the original question over gauges is relevant, and the link is to a relevant site and specifically an article adding context to a previous post after a source was requested.

1 Like

Did anyone else get this email sent to their general RAFAC account?

https://us20.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UNIQID]&u=e2ebcf0723241bdb8b6a033ab&id=dc03ed9600

I did. (Albeit I can see two separate generic accounts, and it only went to one of them!)

I think their prices are a bit :exploding_head:

For reference we recently bought 3 PCs sim set ups similar to that ‘desktop’ spec and the total bill was less than they are quoting.

Then again it comes down to how much time someone has to source suppliers and configure it all, and whether they have a CFAV who knows about it, vs how much they have in the bank!

When I saw they start from £3500, my brain cell went straight to, they must think we have a lot of money and are just trying to get extra out of Sqn’s. My son’s pc was £1000 and I know the prices of controls etc so up to £2000 if you want a smart set up. Plenty of 2nd hand joysticks, throttles, and trim wheels will reduce that price.

In all honesty, £1000 gets a pretty good PC now. Flight sims aren’t even pushing the performance boundaries compared with the latest AAA games.
Our current ones were about ÂŁ800 each, and we specced up a good graphics card as we hope to use them for other immersive applications. Then about ÂŁ300 for a good HD screen and a set of controls.
We’ve only gone for a single screen though due to space, go multi screen and it will start to add up!

Does seem high prices compared to what you would pay to source the components and put together a sim yourself.

Also they say
"Good Afternoon, we have recently supplied a Pilot Deck Flight Simulator to 1343 Squadron Air Cadets to meet the requirements for Blue & Bronze Wing Badge Syllabus. "

Perhaps they don’t know that the Bronze ATP syllabus can’t be delivered on squadrons, only at regional AGS. Furthermore the Bronze syllabus on sharepoint is restricted access (presumably for AGS staff?)

I think their higher end set ups look fantastic. But even if we had that money it would be hard to justify when we have so many other demands on funds.