Blue Rank Slides... Unless you're an Air Cdre

Very disappointed to see the Commandant wearing MTP with subdued rank slides on a visit to 622 VGS

Mixed messaging & standards when SNCOs are wearing their standard blue issue and officers are buying blue slides with appropriate backing. I didn’t think this was acceptable in the UK for regulars, so I have to question why a “office based” FTRS officer has subdued slides at all.

Maybe Upavon has become the new front line!!

2 Likes

Might one suggest you grow up a little…

Honestly who cares… she’s a reserve and has a different book to us, they might even be private purchase, maybe she goes to a sewing club who knocked them up?

Not like she swanned in wearing a UBACs with a drop leg.

4 Likes

MTP backed rank slides are available for private purchase for commissioned officers - they are issued to SATT and a handful of others…why shouldn’t CAC wear them too?

What’s the issue?

These are subdued rank slides…

It should be blue braid on the relevant backing, in this case MTP

1 Like

You answered your own question, she is FTRS so probably comes under the RAF dress regs not the RAFAC.

Some of my staff are regulars one with the reg and he wears map rank slides

Does he wear subdued or blue when he is in the UK?

Even then she isn’t supposed to be wearing the subdued version in the UK, they are for when you are deployed. She should be wearing blue broad on an MTP background the same as everyone else regular or reserve.

6 Likes

Surprised someone didn’t look at the book sooner. AP1358 Chap 2 (which applies to FTRS):

She’s broken the rules, oh no

1 Like

Bore off, goodness me. This site has had so many ups and downs over the years and the downs definitely comes from gripes like this. Literally every single regular officer is issued rank slides like this for wearing in mtp. I wear this style of rank slide in mtp in “barracks” and when on exercises, and guess what: nobody gives a toss. Find something else to whine about.

3 Likes

The issue is that if it were one of the 99% of the organisation, plenty of people would give one and that individual would get a bashing for it by the powers.

In principle I don’t care, but in reality my mind is drawn to the double standard. I’m sure she’ll get a private word in her ear, but there’s no excuse for it to have happened in the first place.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill or start slinging anything at each other though. She’s done it, she’s caught, life moves on.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.