Big Announcement Monday?

I rather suspect the “big” part of the annoucncement will be considered an overestimation by many once we hear :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I’ve noticed them doing some ‘managing of expectations’ on the Facebook page. They’ve been telling people that it’s not about the Tutor or MTP.

However, I’ve got to admit that I’m interested in what all the fuss is about.

It’s about the new-look Air Cadet Magazine.

Brassards being phased out in favour of a brownie sash, woggles issued in the thousands, cadets being retrained as miners, introduction of 747’s for AEF’s, who knows.

If it’s drill, uniform, funding or aircraft I’ll be happy.

[quote=“James.S” post=6481]Brassards being phased out in favour of a brownie sash, woggles issued in the thousands, cadets being retrained as miners, introduction of 747’s for AEF’s, who knows.

If it’s drill, uniform, funding or aircraft I’ll be happy.[/quote]

Nothing to do with drill, uniform, funding or aircraft.

Adam

You’ve been doing this too long.

I can feel a Gallic shrug building for what will invariably be a damp squib. IIRC Bader, Ultilearn, RACs were all BIG announcements. :unsure:

Unless it has a positive morale boosting effect on the ALL adult volunteers and cadets and doesn’t involve more administration, I don’t think they should bother.

Is this the big annoucement?

The Royal Air Force Air Cadets are delighted to announce that six-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Chris Hoy has accepted an invitation to become an Ambassador for the Organisation.

It looks like it…

Nah. It can’t be… they said it was a [size=6]big [/size]announcement…

Mo Farah would have been more fun!

Plus it’s not 0900 yet. Must be two announcements…either that or HQAC can add an inability to tell the time to their list.

Taken from the website

Well, that’s dull, though it does position him well to be commandant of the Scottish Air Cadets after the country breaks from the UK.

maybe he’s going to be doing all the sms/bader work to take the administrative burden on the volunteers?

This is a shrewd move by HQAC. Chris Hoy is an excellent role model.

HQAC have picked somebody with the credibility and celebrity to achieve similar to what Bear Grylls has done for the Scouts. At a time when public money can’t be spent on advertising we should be applauding HQAC’s efforts.

The timing is ideal and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it was announced a couple of days after his retirement. Short term, TV will be clamouring for interviews with Britain’s most successful Olympian the week he retires. Long term, he’s won 6 Olympic golds! The nation won’t forget a person like Chris Hoy anytime soon.

We should be looking at the positives rather than display apathy.

It has all of the appearance of a celebrity appointment to garner cheap publicity. I’m not saying it is a bad idea but I’d hoped we could do better.

Like Stuart Rose?

Why so negative?

The comparison is unfair. His role is different to Chris Hoy’s intended role. Stuart Rose was never a person brought to inspire cadets.

[quote=“incubus” post=6501]It has all of the appearance of a celebrity appointment to garner cheap publicity. I’m not saying it is a bad idea but I’d hoped we could do better.[/quote]As a charity is that not the sort of publicity that we should be looking for?