Best Camp Ever at Spadeadam!

I have just got back from the best Camp ever! I have done a total of 18 Cadet Camps, and this was the best ever by quite a margin. We were at RAF Spadeadam, and to be truthful on paper it looked a bit limited to say the least. However the staff at the Station were so amazingly helpful that it turned into a memorable Camp. The Station Commander told us at the initial brief that Cadet Camps were his top priority during the Summer. All the Station staff had obviously bought in to this in a big way though, allaying our initial cynicism. Even though there are only around 80 staff at the Station, they made up for their limited numbers with sheer enthusiasm.
The ACLO team were brilliant, taking us (advance party) on a guided tour which took half a day, introducing us to every section and making us feel very welcome. Unfortunately this was a contrast to the reception that we have had in some other stations. The ACLO and DACLO then went on leave, leaving us in the hands of the Nr3 who was an SAC. He was brilliant! Like the rest of the Staff he couldn’t do enough for us. MT, Stores, Catering, Fire, MPGS, PTI, Admin, SHQ, Armoury, GAFE, were all absolutely amazing.
If any of you get a chance to go on a camp at Spadeadam, I can’t recommend it highly enough!

Smaller bases can often give the better “personal” experience.

I’m sure that you will have sent in a letter of thanks - in particular, a good mention for the SAC will be nice for his annual report.

I have never heard a bad thing about cadet camps at Spadeadam! Everbody who’s ever been there (from within the ACO!) has very positive things to say!

As MikeJenvey says, make sure a letter of thanks goes in for all involved.

Yep, the Camp Comm’s Report was 3 pages long, and mentioned everyone who was so helpful!