Been a cadet for 2 years but have gotten no where

Hello I joined a squadron in 2017 and I have gotten no where. For some reason I have always seemed to miss the opening for promotions and now our CWO is leaving so there are bound to be some rank changed.

However, I have my exams during this time and cannot focus on that so by the time I come back the people I was teaching to polish shoes and do drill would probably be bossing me around as we have had some problems with our OC.

Although before I was very well behaved and quite quiet I have not been placed under any responsibilities that can prove leadership skills. What other things can you guys recommend I try to prove I am worthy.

For the 1000th time on this forum:
PROMOTION ISNT EVERYTHING.
It’s just not. Forget about all that stuff, just sign up to events and enjoy them for what they are. You didn’t join the RAFAC to get promoted did you? You joined it to do something. Go do it, or at least give it a shot. :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah I do like to sign up to the events but I like to call drill too which my squadron dont do with normal cadets

1 Like

Maybe have a word with an nco? We often have cadets who are not nco’s taking cadets through drill.

Just wondering Why do you want to become an nco?