Beds & Cambs Wg - Nijmegen - charity appeal

Just in case there is spare cash out there after the Budget! :wink:

Just Giving Link

Good luck not only to Beds & Cambs Wing heading out to Nijmegen, but to all teams competing, and hopefully completing the March.

Canā€™t make it this year but hope to back there next year; a part of the Support Team.

I will be there with my wing. I will be wearing wedgewood blue and lightweights.

I was rather hoping weā€™d be rid of that nonsense by now. Never mind; it may be a moot point come 2017.

I was rather hoping weā€™d be rid of that nonsense by now. Never mind; it may be a moot point come 2017.[/quote]

So what is happening in 2017?
The ATC going to pay for 4 sets of PCS?

I was rather hoping weā€™d be rid of that nonsense by now. Never mind; it may be a moot point come 2017.[/quote]

So what is happening in 2017?
The ATC going to pay for 4 sets of PCS?[/quote]

I could find that down the back of my sofa. My flat is a bit untidy.

I wouldnā€™t put money on their being a Heumensoord camp, nor much in the way of a BMC, before too long.

You mean you canā€™t scrounge up 3-4 sets of CS95 for a team like most people seem to have managed? It seems like a poor excuse to justify looking like an utter shambles to me. You arenā€™t alone though - NI Wing look ridiculous too.

But we digressā€¦

I wouldnā€™t put money on their being a Heumensoord camp, nor much in the way of a BMC, before too long.

You mean you canā€™t scrounge up 3-4 sets of CS95 for a team like most people seem to have managed? It seems like a poor excuse to justify looking like an utter shambles to me. You arenā€™t alone though - NI Wing look ridiculous too.
ā€¦[/quote]

And where would you suggest you get 95s from?
In my part of the world the nearest RAF station is a 4 hour round trip. Our parent unit does not even start the TLA RAF.

Calling my team an utter shambles is a but rough considering we were voted the best ATC team in Nijmegen in 2014. Furthermore the RAF uniform for Nijmegen up until CS95s was blue shirts and lightweights.
SO INCUBUS WIND YOUR NECK IN WE CAN ALL BE ABUSIVE IF WE WANT TOā€¦
but I also digress

Oh boo hoo! Teams/squadrons/wings have had years to move to CS95 one way or another. The majority have but some seem to cling on to the archaic dress of the past. I had rather been hoping that weā€™d manage to get it written out of the Nijmegen rules to force the issue but that hasnā€™t happened yet.

Oh boo hoo! Teams/squadrons/wings have had years to move to CS95 one way or another. I had rather been hoping that weā€™d manage to get it written out of the Nijmegen rules to force the issue but that hasnā€™t happened yet.[/quote]

That is because your opinion does not count.

OCBMC is in charge of the dress regs and he is more than happy that we keep the traditions of the RAF alive.

Much crime has been committed in the name of tradition and OCBMC is not above the RAF Dress Committee. RAF Personnel donā€™t get to march in obsolete forms of mixed dress so why do air cadets?

The internet?

Warning: Keep on topic and stop throwing toys out of the pram or Iā€™ll lock this to let you both cool down.

[quote=ā€œtalonā€ post=25753][quote=ā€œthe silverbackā€ post=25748]
[/quote]

The internet?[/quote]

For free?

One of the reasons for marching in shirts and lightweights is to keep the cost down. I have a huge stock of lightweights and the shirts are free. Getting hold of 95 is getting more difficult as our armed forces now year MTP PCS. While scrounging can be done you need units relatively close buy. Wales does not have a big representation in relation to the forces.

the second reason is that it in the regulations for the marches and while it is there I would rather march in a shirt that a tee shirt and jacket light weight, temperate in hot weather. If in the future the regulations change so be it. While OCBMC and ACATI 18 say I can march in lightweights I will. AP1358 is silent on older forms of uniform.

I know all of the justifications but it is still not a pretty order of dress and there has been an alternative for many years now. Iā€™ve been involved with Nijmegen since 2011 and the team decided from the offset to use CS95. Everybody had it or could get it easily, it was proper uniform and it looked the part. Teams have had plenty of time to transition to CS95 and I;m sure if youā€™d had the will you could have built up a stock from various sources to replace your stock of OG lightweights.

And 1358C. Which, as you know, would mean that it wasnā€™t approved :wink:

Anyway, my lot are on their way and should be on their second vehicle by now with a long way to go. They may be just about in England.

[quote=ā€œthe silverbackā€ post=25813][quote=ā€œtalonā€ post=25753][quote=ā€œthe silverbackā€ post=25748]
[/quote]

The internet?[/quote]

For free?
[/quote]

No you have to pay, but it really doesnā€™t cost a lot and if you donā€™t have the spare cash there are other funding sources available.

A look on the East Anglia RFCA facebook page shoes that Essex managed it!

I have been patient, donā€™t know what shoes have to do with anything. Its in the rules OC BMC is happy. what is your beef?
Your opinion does not count for anything. I will change into MTP if the rules change but only then.

In the word of the prophet PC Danny Butterman JOG ON.

So long and thanks for all the fish, there are some utter lepers here with small minds and large egos I am moving to a better placeā€¦