Battle Dress Uniforms - RAF Scampton Heritage Centre

The RAF Scampton Heritage centre has a room dedicated to the ADCC and ATC. We are in need of ATC Battle dress uniforms. Also would like a Kirby Cadet Glider if you just happen to have one hidden away.

Please let me know if you can be of help.

Thank You

On a separate note, I expect wilf_san would enjoy flicking through some of the paperwork that stacker483 has at the Heritage Centre.

A few years since I was last at Scampton… hmm, sounds interesting. And the trick is to find the best bits, extract and then share.

Won’t get there for a while, but will add to the list.

Any volunteers with spare BD uniforms for this excellent venture?

wilf_san

Did the ATC ever wear BD? I thought they went from Service Dress to the early version of the modern blue uniform in the eighties?

(Although BD may have been worn by VRT and Warrant Officers?)

1157 used to have a badged up ATC BD in stores. Was gone last time I went back sadly.

BD - Yes we did.
Also got one shirt and two collars.

And boy did the trousers itch.

Luckily one of our “new” CI was a tailor so we had ours lined - like wool suit trousers are.

I remember being told some wore pyjama trousers underneath. I never bothered.

I tend to remember they were hot in summer and cold in winter and the top and trousers never buttoned together like they were supposed to.

They should go back to those type of trouser in terms of material, as they were pretty hardwearing, unlike the flimsy things we have now.

Just got a complete ADCC Uniform, its awesome(if I can say that?) Still looking for BD worn by cadets.
Also have also got space in the hanger to display items, should we find anything large.

Somewhat confused by this comment. Presuming that you do mean you’ve got an ADCC Cadet uniform, and it’s still ATC BDs that you’re looking for (since an original ADCC Offr uniform would be extremely rare), how’s the uniform looking?

Is all metalwork silver? Does it have the forage cap badge in the proper (strange) place? Does it have any epaulettes, and if so, any chrome numerals on the?

wilf_san

Hi
Sorry for confusion. I am still looking for Battledress as worn by the ATC. The ADCC Cadets uniform is complete with Buckle, shoulder ID cloth badges, chrome sqn numbers and side hat .

Happy to supply detailed photos if required.

Thanks