Banners on Rememberance Parade

Hi a staff member at my SQN has told me that SQN Banners are not to be Taken on remembrance parade and that the only banner at remembrance should be the War Widows one, could somebody please confirm or deny this for me (Ideally with some record of where this is/ isn’t stated) as I have seen Social Media posts of Squadrons with their banners on remembrance parades.

100% untrue

2 Likes

Are you sure they were referring to Remembrance Parade? Following the Queen’s Death, for the period of mourning no banners were to be paraded.

Never heard of this before in 20 years ive been doing this, could be an organisers request thing though…but yeah this is weird

2 Likes

I’m not even sure there is such a thing as a war widow’s banner…? While it’s affiliated to the military, it’s not a military unit so wouldn’t have one.

1 Like

Yeah, this screams of a local request from the wider event organiser. Not a RAFAC one.

It does sound pretty bonkers. Can’t imagine the RBL would be too happy at not parading their banner. Especially considering they are the ones behind most of these parades …

3 Likes

Has your oc been smoking something, cadet banners perfectly ok for remembrance, parades, check to see whether it is a local issue

2 Likes

There is a war widows banner? I’ve never seen “war widows” on parade as an organisation, let alone parading a banner. Either that staff member has been smoking some good stuff or has gotten confused with some special event.

I’ve never turned up to a parade and have someone had the audacity to tell us we couldn’t parade our banner. Well one tried once, but that is because they didn’t realise that it was a Union banner rather than a Union flag, so just a misunderstanding on their part.

/thread drift
What’s a union banner?

“What’s a union banner?”

Couldn’t resist !

8 Likes

Best picture on an actual one I could get. It is a union flag with the ACF badge on it. It’s the ACF version of an army regiment’s King’s Colour.

3 Likes

Every day is a school day!

Also, sorry mods for the drift!

1 Like

Your OC is talking nonsense.

1 Like

Ok, this has run its course. There might be a load of reasons your OC has said this, but none of them are based in RAFAC policy.

Your best bet is to speak to them directly.

1 Like