Bader

A simple title.

Since moving Sqn’s I have had a busy time and not really settled properly yet at my new one. With this in mind,please could someone tell me about access to Bader whilst at home or on the go (as this is all I seem to do now!)
Do I need to get my Sqn to set me up an account? Or, can this be done elsewhere by someone at my old Sqn who did originally set me up an account.
I’m not 100% sure how things are set up as far as Sharepoint is concerned. If I have access to Bader do I have access to Sharepoint automatically? Can I get access to items such as PAM’s and the like with just Bader or do i need to have SMS as well?
Sorry got to go now. My head is about to explode!!
Any assistance would be welcome
Thanks

Confused of Hampshire!!

Moderators - Sorry this went automatically to Introductions but I changed it to Staff Matters

Moved it for you.

SMS is just stats - it holds cadet and staff records.

Access to Sharepoint will give you accuess to documentation and some PAMs.

If you use the generic password, it will get you into mail and sharepoint. You’ll need a separate account set up for SMS which your OC can do for you. If you had an old account, you might be able to log in to it with whatever details they set you up with and provided they’ve transferred you on there, you won’t need to do anything else.

and for Ultilearn (where everything classifications is stored (powerpoint slides, instructor notes and the exams themselves)no need to remember your password, in my experience you’ll get issued one, use it once then it will become invalid

request a new one and it will work, once…then it will become invalid,

request a new one…and so the cycle continues!

Thanks pEp and steve.
It’s a start anyway. steve, you must be careful, someone might think you are becoming a tadge cynical about Ultilearn!!! :wink:

Each unit has the following role accounts which are allocated to an individual, and will provide access to SharePoint & SMS

OC
Adj
Training

There is also the generic account which allows access to SharePoint, and alongside a personal account will provide access to SMS.

SharePoint is a document sharing site.

SMS is a database with staff & cadet details along with activity applications.

I seem to remember that if staff accessed the generic account mail on smart phones it caused problems, however the OC, Adj and Trg Off accounts we ok.