Bader Passwords

Does anyone know if there is an update to the Bader password issue affecting role accounts and not being able to reset them? I have SMS apps to approve and can’t update my password to enable me to access SMS.

Had the same issue this morning!!

Not since the mail on 19 Dec but you can ask the Helpdesk to provide a new password.

The latest update is that this is being worked on with Microsoft.

I wonder if it’s a side affect of the licensing change and switch to shared mailboxes.

Lots of people with this issue, and the auto-reply says OOO until tomorrow when you request from help desk.

This is the same update as from beginning of December, I think!

I was wondering about this. Is there an issue with still using what is a shared mailbox as an ‘account’ from Microsofts POV?

This is certainly a massive issue. Slowly more and more staff not being able to access SMS as their passwords expire! At what point does this become an issue with running parade nights or events? Not being able to access parental contact information or medical information for example… Or is that available in units now? :thinking:

It’s available on the 3822As we refuse to destroy for precisely this reason.

It wont just be volunteers this will effect permanent staff will be loosing access as well. The organisation is basically going to become inoperable. What happens when the account that JCCC use to access sms in event of emergency expires. One unit I’m aware of every sms account is now inaccessible, all have requested password resets before Christmas stand down.

OOO auto-reply says they will respond within 10 working days. Not helpful for needing to approve apps…

I would argue that you print all the documentation (nominal role, RA’s, etc), approve it on paper with a short covering letter and run the event. There has to be an appropriate business continuity process otherwise we should be ashamed of ourselves and don’t deserve the title of (youth) leaders.

Well policy says they should be destroyed. So for most people, if they are following that, they won’t have any contacts

1 Like

Good to see it’s not just me…for once.

Once again, failure of critical IT systems is being accepted by the organisation as normal.

It’s part of HQ’s great pause of 2024, if units can’t access SMS, no events can happen :joy:

3 Likes

Looks like this has been fixed now, I’ve been able to set the passwords on my accounts

3 Likes

I’m still unable to get my Adj password reset and apparently i don’t have the authority to raise a help desk query. Oh well, maybe in time for Easter…

Strange, my role account worked through https://portal.office.com when I tried it yesterday…

I couldn’t raise a help desk query either, but emailed the bader helpdesk. They sorted it for me yesterday. My Bader POC says the issue should now be resolved.

1 Like

Anyone can log an issue with the Helpdesk - helpdesk@rafac…
They will most likely reply copying your Bader PoC in to do the reset but if they are a sticking point they should still reset it for you

1 Like

We had a snottogram about password resets going direct to “Helpdesk” the other day.
This made absolutely no sense because the email we recieved before Christmas specifically said to do so. Along with the Bader team keeping us up to date with the repair process.
We havent had any further update from them saying its repaired yet so as far as I can see, until we recieve said confirmation i guess its straight to “helpdesk”. :man_shrugging: