BADER new cadet wizard Youth Organisations

There are entries for ‘RAF Air Cadets’ and ‘Combined Cadet Force’, so I’m going to register all my CCF(RAF) cadets as in both.

Will be interesting to see what comes back, as I suspect the author of that page meant the first one to say ‘Air Training Corps’…

That’s always been the case on SMS. I’ve ticked both and nothing has ever come of it. But I agree with your they probably meant ATC

Also, I’ve noticed that ‘Reason for joining’ doesn’t include ‘because it’s compulsory…’!

Seriously, though, I am losing patience with the SMS team not including CCF-specific terminology. I rather suspect we’ll be spending more time on SMS in the next few years and it’s a bit of a micro-aggression…

2 Likes

That would imply it was deliberate, which I doubt.

Don’t bottle up the rage man, just let it out.

1 Like

You’ve not been on inclusivity training lately :joy:. No need for intent for it to be a micro aggression. Ignorance or simply not thinking is just the same apparently

4 Likes

In all seriousness it’s made me think a bit more about what a micro-aggression feels like: I’m not equating being in the CCF with a protected characteristic, of course, but it does at least make me think about what it feels like to be constantly not included in things.

1 Like

I may possibly now have volunteered to help fix this. Serves me right for venting online!

5 Likes

That would imply that someone actually looks at these sort of things! CFAV and parents have to spend time filling in inconsequential boxes so that someone can query the data base at some stage (maybe) in order to produce a report which says “x number of our cadets have transferred from scouts/BB/SCC” etc. But to what avail?

I agree. Good to know that whoever wrote this is up to speed with the constituent parts of RAFAC.