Bader Memory: 2GB!

Just add a new account to Outlook, within the wizard enter your Email Address & Password

When prompted for credentials to connect enter ‘aco.local\USERNAME’ and your normal password. Your username is what preceeds @aircadets.org

Hope that helps.

What, you lot for thinking that you had got away with a larger mailbox when the policy has always stated less than that? You fools. Hahahahahahaha

No, we were all waiting for them to notice. This is about how the IT team manage their mistakes and support their customers.

What mistakes? If you look at Twitter you can see it was an OOB deployment which has now been brought in line with policy.

Only because it caused an issue due to the total storage available.

I don’t think anyone has any objections to the reduction back to the previous levels as per the current policy (which isn’t really a policy more how the Bader team manage the storage that we have available).

The issue in this case is that it has taken 2 months for them to notice, as customers we noticed straight away. While an increase does not NEED to be communicated other than to make people look good as move closer to industry mailbox sizes.

A reduction in mailbox limits does NEED to be communicated in advance, as this places a number of mailboxes in a position where they can no longer send email, stopping a critical business service is NOT ACCEPTABLE IT Management.

The mistake was completing the OOB deployment without fully understanding the product and how it would be deployed in this way would be different to the requirements of the organisation. This shows a significant lack of planning for a major infrastructure upgrade that has had a direct impact on a business critical IT Service.

1 Like

There’s no need for capital letters - I can hear you fine. Do you think the people who work on this stuff are idiots?

No I think the problem is that they are under resourced and therefore working on multiple projects concurrently not allowing each project to be completed successfully.

Working in IT, if I made a user affecting change without communicating this I would be pulled up.

Having looked at Twitter today, the 2GB has been restored until work on upgrading SharePoint is completed which will give us an archiving ability.

However Twitter is not how to communicate changes like this, not everyone is on twitter and it’s easy to miss things because of how the platform works.

PS - Apologies for caps, just emphasising a couple of points :slight_smile:

1 Like

They do this on Twitter? Isn’t that what SharePoint Announcements are for?

Or, they could have just sent us an email…

Normally I’d agree with the email suggestion but at the moment it would be lost in the sea of notifications I’m getting due to someone updating hundreds of key documents!

1 Like

As an aside on the document issue, where is AP1358C kept nowadays? I couldn’t find it on Ultilearn.

They aren’t updating these Key Documents, what they are doing is incomprehensible as they are uploading the Word Document version of the existing PDF File.

Based on the alerts I have set up, today is ACTO day, the PDFs aren’t being removed. Earlier this week the same occured with the ACFTIs & ACO Shooting Documents (Including PAMs)

PDFs worked perfectly as can be viewed on all systems, and are difficult to edit, word documents allow anyone to make changes, and can then print and run off of a hard copy if they so wish.

I feel a little sorry for the I-Hub E1 who has been uploading all these documents, surely there are more productive tasks that could be completed by HQAC Staff.

It is on Sharepoint now. v1.07 is extant
https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/QM/APs/AP%201358C.pdf

Link’s dead for me…

Update pending??

An update is due but the link is probably dead because of the usual, random, duff-sharepoint-link issue I’ve been seeing over the last year or so.

Google “AP1358C 1.07” if you want a copy.

@Baldrick if you go to https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/QM/APs/Forms/AllItems.aspx and highlight AP1358C and select the down arrow on the Right before selecting Send To, Download a Copy you’ll have a downloaded copy.

This continuing issue with accessing files on SharePoint (a file sharing product) I hope will be resolved with the upgrade to SharePoint 2013, which may come about soon following this weeks SQL Migrations.

1 Like

Does anyone know when Helpdesk are going to put us all back to 150mb again? There’s no definite date on Twitter, and I cba to put in a full helpdesk request just to ask. (I don’t have a twitter account)

I’m made to believe this is purely a caching issue…Now I’m not in the slightest bit IT-orientated but surely it should be a simple fix to get the cache periodically clear before its filled!

The end of the PDF has come, ACTO & ACP removed today (shortly after ACP 20 PDF was updated) so we are not in a situation where you can download Policy and adjust as you wish!!!