AvMed1 Forms

So just been organising a flying detail (I know!) and discovered that as there are 2 versions of the AvMed1 form (paper and electronic) on the Key Docs library, but only 1 has been updated. So now we have the paper version from 2018 and the electronic from 2022, 1 includes a line about Covid and the other doesn’t.

So, does anyone know:
a) Will this be an issue at the AEF if I turn up with technically the most recent available version of the paper form, completed correctly by parents but missing info present on the other form?
b) Who should I even attempt to feed this back to if it is an issue?

I can only help with a…

We had a note from our AEF/VGS asking us to either not use the electronic form or to take extra care as it pre-populates the form and if it isn’t changed it has markers on saying the cadet is not able to fly… So I only link to the paper version for squadrons… And had no issues this year.

1 Like

Perfect. I’ll go with that then.

You do not need to declare anything to do with Covid now as the restrictions have been lifted. If you do use the ones with the Civid Q listed, it will only be valid for that visit not the 2 month period as normal.

I would speak to your RAvnO about the electronic copy of the Av Med F1 and ask them to amend it again. The chap that used to do it for HQ has now moved on to pastures new and the role has been passed on the RAvnOs.

1 Like

Stupidly, the form was only updated to include covid after restrictions ended.

I’ll go to my wing aviation person and let them know.

Thanks

1 Like

You do still need to watch the Covid vaccinations though - cadets can’t fly for 48 hours after having one.

Wait. So the cadet I prevented from flying recently because they had COVID in the month prior could, in fact, have flown?

That would have been helpful to have known.

4 Likes

I did the same thing. Prevented someone getting airborne because that was the directive, on the basis that “the forms are in the process of being updated”. Kid punished for being responsible and testing even though not required to, and rightly devastated.

Then, 1 of the 2 forms updated. No further direction. No way of knowing how people have covid now, and it sounds like no one cares.

1 Like

The advice I have had is still 30 days covid free.

But as you say I don’t think anybody is really bothered or checking.