Astra Clothing Programme

Parent station. I’ve edited my post above with a link the AP 1896 which contains what we can or can’t demand. Good luck! :smiley:

Enjoy sitting on the floor SNCOs!

(I know they didn’t exist at the time this was last updated).

4 Likes

I like the sound of an office armchair…

That is a goldmine, thanks: it explicitly applies to CCF(RAF) too.
Do you have a link to the demand form?

1 Like

I’m afraid not. You’ll have to find one on SharePoint, and your parent station should have copies. A final warning - the NSN’s are also at least 20 years out of date, so you may need to be specific about what you need on the form.

It’s been discussed on here before that it happens in Scotland, I think

2 Likes

Yeah that not MTP for the SAAIs etc?

This has happened… SESW and WSW get uniform from Lowland RFCA.

The service is as you would expect from RFCA - order and wait.

Edit to add: I think CSW do as well, but possibly from Highland RFCA?

1 Like

No. 3’s look crap on a parade.

2 Likes

I know.
But if it came to it. The only uniform which provides for all activities is No3.

I like blues for some things. But I cant get my lot kitted properly with No3s.

So FT is hard. Even FA is difficult.

1 Like

Wait how long… surely it’s different from building repairs etc so (hopefully) not as long?

They are more forgiving than blues in terms of sizing being off

1 Like

This is because it was never really intended for us to use it. It is for use IMO in the field hence the disruptive pattern. The Army uses it for nigh on everyday wear as now it’s how people identify the Army and it’s cheap. I have been on local events and been referred to as ‘The Army’, hence why we do not wear 3s on local events as I be blowed if I’m doing the ACF’s recruitment and it’s painful trying to explain the difference.

For us ever since the 80s when it became more commonplace it has been piecemeal at best and overly reliant on private acquisition. Although this can annoyingly equally apply to blues. I don’t have 3’s because I’d need to buy it and frankly it doesn’t register on the list of things for me to buy list, even if I brought everything I wanted.

I’ve done plenty of events in Blues where we have still been referred as Army Cadets.

I’d get rid of No2C use No3 for working dress and if the RAF still want us to be their blue footprint they can still provide a set of No2A. If not give us a decent RAF Air Cadet TRF and we can wear Greens on parades too. (The SNCO one does the job).

1 Like

This is why it doesn’t look very good. I’ve got clothes that I buy for comfort that are a bit forgiving in terms of size.

But greens sized wrongly look better than blues sized wrongly and right now it can be a real pain to get blues the right size

5 Likes

I’ve got to demand those.

It has the making of a good initiative ex

1 Like

The folding table per 6 cadets sounds more interesting to me. Our existing ones are completely shot.

But tables aren’t clothing.

Having spent 5 years getting my inventory written off to zero last thing I want is to be demanding new kit just because its shiny and I can…

PDT_Xtremez_24

3 Likes

Ask around to see if groups have any old tables. I got 10 good ones from a community hall that had got new ones donated. Spoke to the lady who does our inventory and said I wanted to write the ones on the inventory off and could they collect them or did they want us to return them. Neither, but she cleared them off the inventory. So the old ones were cannibalised and now I have 18 decent tables, none on the inventory. Did the same with office chairs, desks and cupboards, which I acquired when my old employer did an office refit. Just stacking chairs now.