Army & Sea Cadets Media teams smashing it again

Are you tempted?

It certainly caught my attention, cant help but think we missed a trick here

2 Likes

I’ve had two pop up today!

Good adverts. I’m tempted…

The gauntlets make me shudder though…

There is a national recruitment drive to go along with the coronation so adverts will pop up!

2 Likes

Sigggggggh

1 Like

God forbid the RAFAC seniors would allow a film crew in; there’d be a danger in them hearing what the average CFAV actually thinks!

2 Likes

I’m not sure sitting in a crew room for 4 hours to have your flying cancelled would make for good TV

8 Likes

no different to the early days of Big Brother live feed though!

4 Likes

“Inside the Army Cadets”

1 Like

Keep it nice please.

Looks like my comments have been removed :grinning:

Seriously this will potentially be a big selling point for the ACF and bring in new cadets and staff who see just what positive impact being a member of a cadet forces has on people. No doubt only the good and exciting bits will be broadcast.

2 Likes

Still trying to imagine a RAFAC version of this…

download.jpeg

7 Likes

“In today’s episode, we explore the world of fantasies as we watch cadets play with a PC and pretend it’s a Cessna.”

2 Likes

“For some bizarre reason, the Cadets of 123 City Squadron have asked the crew to purchase 100 boxes of Special K cereal for a surprise party for when the head of the RAF Air Cadets arrives later today.”

2 Likes

Tbh something like a media team going round an ACLC course or similar could make for good viewing. I can already foresee some problems with that such as cadets fighting for airtime, media stuff delaying an already jam-packed schedule (passed out today and we had 5 minutes to change from 2As to civvies and get the 2As packed) and other practicalities such as controlling appearances of those who don’t want to be filmed and so on.

In fact we did have a member of the air cadets media team going around our campsite earlier this week getting action shots of cadets eating rat packs and scrubbing mess tins, maybe some of that will come out in public soon.

1 Like

Well a bit GMG, but the lack of any RAFAC SM coverage from Nijmegen last week (exception 1x C17 post) - despite numerous wings/individuals posting updates throughout the week.

Not like we had over 100 cadets out there or anything.

6 Likes

“Up next on your screens its another episode of ‘Inside the Air Cadets’, which sees the cadets staring at some screens pretending to do stuff that was once done outside!”

2 Likes

Ditto the International Air Cadet Exchange which has just finished.

4 Likes

In fairness, they’ve had some half decent attempts at putting out coverage of the muster and RIAT, both hosted by cadets.

It’s still small scale in the grand scheme, but it’s progress and a lot better than most of what’s been put out before.

If these two are just the beginning, then hopefully it will build into something bigger and better.

5 Likes

That was fun, just chuck everything in your bag and get dressed quickly. Had my trousers on back to front the first time in my haste

1 Like