Archive offlined?

I may remember some mention of this on ACC, so please forgive me if this is all discussed/done/dusted, but… is the old forum archive now gone, forever?

wilf_san

Hi Wilf,

It’s not gone forever, just trying to work out the best way to present it.

If you need it back just shout and I’ll put it back like it was.

Cheers

DJ

Thanks DJ, it’s not a problem as such. I was just trying to remember the details that were discussed way back regarding the proposed (planned?) AFCO-style name/function badges that were meant to be happening as a personal issue, across the broader RAF family.

wilf_san

DJRice: How about getting the archive in a working state, then using something like wget to archive the whole thing in a static HTML format, requiring no maintenance, security updates, etc.

Jacques,

interesting suggestion - but the archive is rather large and the amount of static pages it would produce would take up rather a lot of space. I’d rather import the database into this one but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it - apart from manually!

I’m still looking for a good solution.

cheers,

DJ

With a bare-bones template it shouldn’t take up much more space than it would in the database? What software did it use? I’ve got time to experiment at the moment.

It’s phpbb3, if you think you could do something drop me a PM :slight_smile:

Cheers

I’ve used http://www.httrack.com/ to copy a website to static files before and it worked pretty well, might be worth a look.

[quote=“djrice” post=22755]It’s phpbb3, if you think you could do something drop me a PM :slight_smile:

Cheers[/quote]

This may be of use to you
http://www.kunena.org/forum/migrate-to-kunena/131945-phpbb-3-to-kunena-3-migration-script

Hi,

yes, thanks, I’ve looked at that option. It needs a blank kunena install or the import deletes all users and content from the existing site!

I’m not sure there is an easy way to do what we need - ie put all the old threads in this site under a new category.

Suggestions always welcome of course :wink:

cheers,

DJ