Ap818

As it would appear 818 is currently only available on Dii, does anyone have a pdf copy I could have??

There’s a copy on the ACC Drive, under APs.

Cheers

many thanks

Just reviving this thread, I wonder if anyone knows WHY AP818 isn’t available on sharepoint?

1 Like

I understand it was too large at the time. It is around 7MB as PDF but the source word files are 75MB
SP can seemingly handle larger files now but I guess they’ve not thought of uploading it.

It is on ultifail.

ahh right, don’t see why we’d need the word version on SharePoint but oh well.
And yes, i know it’s up on ultilearn, I’ve just never understood why its up there and not sharepoint, since one is “designed” for tracking progress through lessons etc, and the other is a formal document store.

Putting it on Ultilearn also means that all cadets have access to it too.

1 Like

But then Cadets might get to understand drill better than the staff!

thats another thing i’ve never understood. Why not allow cadets access to sharepoint, or at least NCO’s.

1 Like

Same here.
When we studied for the Staff Cadet we had to know ACP20a & b backwards, which gave us real and proper insight into the organisation and its workings. So called Staff Cadets don’t have a Scooby, which shows when they cross the Rubicon at 20, all of a sudden they realise staff haven’t been lying about things, so cadets accessing SharePoint why not?

Or is it official sensitive?? :wink:

1 Like

You can… the problem is that SharePoint comes with Email which some think too dangerous…

1 Like

I appreciate that we’re getting away from the point of this thread, but if we trust NCO’s to (for the must part) run a squadron parade night, teach and take drill etc etc, can we not trust them to use email responsibly and recognise that NCO’s might want to email a wing or sector WO for advice about drill etc.

It may all be moot with the pending changes towards personal login accounts and email addresses (each of which has a cost implication)

All of which is why I firmly believe that key documents (such as 818, 1358C and many others) should be freely available publicly so that they are accessible to ALL RAFAC members.

CAC has previously said that staff cadets should have access to the Squadron generic account for sharepoint and have access to SMS if needed. I think she was quoted saying this when the staff cadet agreement came about

1 Like

Thread Drift On
It’s down to the individual OC to decide if the cadet has a need for SharePoint Access or if it could be supplied on a controlled manner on a parade night.

So long as we educate the cadet to CC the OC/Adj on any emails they send and on how to use email formally when contacting Staff etc.

The benefit of CCing OC etc is to avoid any nasty surprises, when some Sqn Ldr/WO gets upset at being emailed by a cadet :slight_smile:
Thread Drift Off

2 Likes

They need access before starting out becoming staff cadets. But then I’m Old Skool.

In the old days, which ain’t that long ago, ALL cadets and staff had access to the sort of stuff on sharepoint … they were called admin and training instruction manuals and all the others. Having s/p might be all whizzy and online, but it falls over on so many points.

couldn’t agree more.

Version 7 (latest) is here:

1 Like

is version 7 still the latest if not could someone give a link to the latest version?

thanks

Still valid.