AP 1919A - New Warrant

Have noticed that the new version of AP1919A (bader link) regarding the Cadet Forces Commission contains the full wording of the warrant and all the schedules (why they didn’t publish this in October I don’t know as would have probably clarified a few of the areas but ho hum).

However two questions : -

1. Who are the Volunteer Cadet Corp? I have never heard of them before but I always thought the SCC covered the Navy side. My only thought is that this is the umbrella organisation that RN(CCF) cadets come under but their website doesn’t confirm that.

2. How come SCC & ACF Chaplains are also getting a CdtFC Commission?

At least it confirms the Air Training Corps still exists.

VCC is the independent Marine Cadet organisation - recently the Marine Cadet forces have all combined to an extent (a little like the ACO/RAFAC) but there are still three separate parts to it - SCC Marine Cadets, CCF Marine Cadets and VCC Marine Cadets.

Looking at their website the VCC also includes Royal Navy cadets so still a little confused.

https://volunteercadetcorps.org/

Is it just marines merging or is both Navy & Marines?

Did anyone read Schedule 3 Para 1?

If I have read that correctly VR(T) commissions are retained.

Anyone else read it like that?

Yes…

That’s because the Warrant can’t remove them. So you retain then until the defence council remove them

VRT commissions are retained as they are required for certain members of staff such as a few at 2 FTS HQ and AEF personnel are still VRT (except the AEF Commander who is FTRS)

VCC are mainly located on RN bases, they are independent of the MSSC and funded directly via the bases/RN. They have both RN and RM elements. They are currently rebranding from VCC to Navy Cadets and Marine Cadets.

All three of the main RN Cadet Organisations have RN and RM elements, then you have various splinter organisations such at the NTC, MVSC etc

1 Like

How do these moves affect funding for SCC if some are forming navy cadets