Anywhere to avoid?

As the future becomes clearer I’m starting to look around…

While keeping it vague, is there anywhere I should avoid in the rough Bristol area? I’m happy to travel, so I looks like I should have a range of choices.

If not, I’ll just take the closest.

2 Likes

Commuting is easiest from the northern side train links down from Cheltenham wham Gloucester and the m5. Also furthest from the LEZ.

1 Like

I think I need more context to your query?

As @Baldrick says, context is key…

Thornbury, Portishead and Clevedon are nice, safe places to bring up kids with plenty of green space.

Bristol itself has massively transformed in the last 30 years - the lost of places you really don’t want to live has reduced enormously.

Tell us what you want/need, distances/commuting, lifestyle you want, and we can give you much better information.

I live not far from J11 M5, easy commute into Bristol.

Vast majority of my neighbours seem to work that way.

I should have clarified. Squadrons. :rofl:

1 Like

There is a sqn near Brizzol who could do with someone who wants to actively gain new recruits, but the Sqn I was emailing never got in contact with the person who’s details I shared. They even tried to call the Sqn and no one answered, also sent emails but never heard back. Our Sqn like many others, once they hear someone is interested then they are contacted and told the next steps.

Again, depends on where you’re living. Bristol is not easy to get across, and is relatively well off for units, excepting there is no real central Bristol Squadron, I think mine might be closest to the centre and we’re in Brislington. (it always struck me as odd that there is no City of Bristol Squadron, did one exist in the past?)
Will you be in city or out?

Of course, generally, I’d advise not joining Bristol and Gloucestershire “wing*” at all. Aim for Weston and you can join Devon and Somerset Wing.

*in this context, ‘wing’ implies that one exists as a cohesive structure with good morale and organisation.

1 Like

What makes you think D&S Wing are any better :wink::rofl:

Anything would be better. We don’t even have any permanent staff at BGW anymore, the admin side is being run out of DWW. The Dep Wing Co IS the Wing Co.

1 Like

What’s happening in B&G?

I was there as a cadet, one of my friends was an OC there - it has a lot of old, and very happy, memories for me…

Basically nothing really happens. Complete dearth of leadership from the top.

2 Likes

The whole org or just your Wing?

1 Like

This wing in particular, I always thought PCW was bad when I was there, compared to how DSW had been, but looking back, those were halcyon days!

2 Likes

I do wonder if there is any wing in this org, where the majority of CFAVs in that wing can hand on heart say they are well supported by, and fully trust, their senior wing staff…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.