Anyone know what happened to the ACF Forum?

Remember the ACF equivalent of this site?

What happened to it?

Went through a rehost/relaunch perhaps 6 months ago, or a lot longer. Been down for close to that time. A great pity.

wilf_san

There seems to be some sort of PHP incompatibility going on.
It is still up and running though, but I can only get to it using chrome browser. There is very little traffic on the site.

Is this the one you are talking about: http://armycadetforce.com/forum.php ?

That’s the one! It does only seem accessible through Chrome, but doesn’t seem to work on my phone or tablet! :frowning:

It was a great forum - and there was a good lot of ACC users who used to dip in and out of it… but the spam attacks and server hosting issues knocked a lot of the wind out of their sails and lots of users disengaged. A shame really.

Unfortunately the Admin left the ACF some years ago and these days doesn’t really have much time for the forum, so no one is maintaining it. It is a shame really as it was the best online resource we had.

Is it something we could take on? ArmyCadetCentral! ?

I’d be happy to host it if I had some forum staff to help run it!

Cheers

DJ

All I get if I try to go into any specific thread is this

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘name’ in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988

Somebody can get on it, because there is a post dated today

[quote=“DJRice” post=25582]Is it something we could take on? ArmyCadetCentral! ?

Cheers

DJ[/quote]I’d help mod it.

[quote=“DJRice” post=25582]Is it something we could take on? ArmyCadetCentral! ?

Cheers

DJ[/quote]

I don’t mind helping mod it…

Cheers

DJ[/quote]

I could volunteer. My CV: Super Mod on ArmyCadetForce.com :D. Also an ACF CFAV…

Thanks guys,

Any preference on software? I’m, of course, thinking discourse, same as the ACC beta; but open to suggestions!

[quote=“DJRice” post=25588]Thanks guys,

Any preference on software? I’m, of course, thinking discourse, same as the ACC beta; but open to suggestions![/quote]

At this point whatever is going to stay running! :smiley:

LOL!

are we happy with creating a new Army cadet site ?

If so I’ll go ahead and get things set up.

Do we want a forum only site or a site that provides other information as well?

cheers

DJ

Woah hang on though. Unless it is some software fluke, people WERE posting on it as recently as last week? How did they do that?

(or is the word ‘Today’ just frozen in time?)

People do still use it, myself included, but the bugs are limiting it’s usefulness. I myself always use firefox so have to switch browsers to use it.