Another Plea for help with Bader v5

Wonder if anyone can help?
I think it’s my age!!

We have a couple of the cadet NCO’s with Bader accounts that allow them to do the register on a tablet device on each parade night.
With this new release, when I try to add an account, the only listing in the drop-down is a member of the Civ-Com.
Can’t see any way to select a cadet (I’m trying to add a couple of newly promoted Cpls).

Any thoughts

I thought all account holders should have a valid BPSS and have completed responsible information on ultilearn

Never seen anything about SMS account holders requiring bpss, but responsible for information, certainly, and no reason cadets can’t undergo that training.

I think the BPSS requirement is on the horizon, as is doing over-18 cadets.

1 Like

Whilst transferring an account this week I was told it’s a requirement and from 2023 pre bpss grandfather rights wont count anymore

Great. More unnecessary controls.

2 Likes

Its a bug and we are aware and working on it at the moment.

I was always under the impression that when BPSS came in it would within 5 years capture everyone.
given 2023 is only 4 years away (in fact a little over 3 years now) seems an obvious expectation…

We are surely not going to require BPSS checks on cadet NCOs?

if they have access to Sharepoint, and there are O18s who are Adjs, or have other reasons to use Sharepoint and/or SMS then I can’t see why a BPSS wouldn’t be required given the reasons we’re told it is needed

BPSS confirms 4 points:

Right to work - (unnecessary for us)
Identity - Is the person who they claim to be? - (Required for staff because it’s that confirmed identity which then undergoes NSV checks such as SC. Without BPSS they might run an SC on John Smith when the person is really Joe Bloggs)
Criminal Record
Employment History - (unnecessary for us as CFAV and certainly not required for cadets)

If we require BPSS for every Cadet Corporal who enters the registers on Bader we are wasting time and money (about £120 per go I think)

1 Like

I have been told (happy to be corrected) that BPSS is only going to be required for over 18 cadets (and staff, obviously) as its the mechanism of proving who you are so the DBS is actually about you.

Protecting information will be required for everyone regardless of age who needs access.

Cdt Cpl Blogs, 14. Is not going to need BPSS only Protecting information.

1 Like

I would hope that sensible option is the case… Though Alex Corbin above seems to say that he’s been told that everyone with access to SMS will require BPSS, which - as I say - would be an unnecessary control for the common “Duty NCO” roles of register entry, &c.

I’m not sure if they do things differently down in Englandshire, but up here a PVG requires us to show photo and address-based ID which adequately proved our identities. It is not predicated upon BPSS.

BPSS is the forerunner to NSV checks such as CTC and SC.

DBS checks are entirely separate and include their own identity check requirements - though since we have to do both, Wing HQs are logically using the same documents, checked only only once, to certify both.

You are correct, i meant CTC/SC. DBS requires the docs as well.

Keep getting the acronyms muddled up.

There are plenty of them…