Announcements on Cadet Portal

Indeed.
If not for the naming convention I think I might consider a planned future stand down to be a lower category of announcement. Or indeed, potentially no announcement needed - in which case there’s no issue.

Perhaps a tick box on the announcement that allows the announcement to be emailed out when published?

I broke it…

Queried the ‘f2f activity suspended’ announcement (we have an issued F2F guide, RCs are authorising isolated activities etc) and got this:

DataTables warning: table id=announcementTargetsTable - Cannot reinitialise DataTable. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/3

2 Likes

I wonder if there will be regs that enforce that now…

1 Like

The one thing which is still lacking is the ability to easily back-and -forth.

We setup a Sqn discord server (having abandoned FS back in March) which is incredibly useful to support the Sqn activities.
The announcements feature of SMS will now remove one of the requirements but there is still a great day which is positive about the discord server and which SMS/CP simply doesn’t cater for.

Got rid of the rogue comma in the title for you :wink:

@james_elliott
Doesnt seem to be a logo or icon on SMS for announcements in the vertical bar on the left

Does it send them an email of the notification?

Try refreshing the page with Shift+F5.
That worked for me.

Sweet. Fixed. Thanks.

@james_elliott

It looks like 3 announcements (2 from HQAC, 1 from you) are still on my announcement page despite them having a “to” date set months ago. Do they need to be removed by the originator or should they disappear automatically?

1 Like

It would be ideal if there was a filter option on the announcements which is default set to hide expired announcement and filtered them by sqn, wing, region, HQ.

Bader Helpdesk Ticket with screenshots, please?

Roger. On it now.

1 Like

All announcements are displayed so that users can see a history of communications etc. We (Bader Dev) are looking to add some filters for a future release so that users can filter out expired announcements if they wish.

The Cadet Portal side of things is working just fine - so when an announcement has expired (i.e. gone beyond the date to field), the announcement disappears from Cadet Portal.

Spoke to the Devs this morning and we will add something to filter/hide expired announcements in due course as part of version 2. I would like to see the ability to add attachments to announcements well if we can.

2 Likes

Can we at least not have them ticked as published once the expiry date has occurred? From my point of view it’s confusing to see a huge list of them and not know which are showing to cadets and which aren’t.

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm please whether or not the announcements also send an email to the cadet at this stage?

Many thanks.

1 Like

Not yet, that’s next - for the cadets anyway.

If an announcement is created that impacts your unit, the OC does get an email.

3 Likes

Roger. That’s good to know.

Thank you.