Am I too strict?

we had a parent who was a Lt Col. (Army) and joined as a SI. he was at the end of his career and retired, but was “retained” as a reservist (TA) and held his rank

however from what i understand the expectations on him are not the same as a traditional reservist (ie one who never served regular and always been a reservist) it is much more a “retained regular” than “transferred to the reserves” situation.

in short, yes, ex-regulars still remain on a “reserve” list

I think we are straying slightly too far from the original topic. We are talking about how far is too far when applying our rules and regulations, and whether it’s acceptable to lose cadets who don’t fit in with them.

If you want to bring up a discussion about who is in the RAF, who isn’t and just what that means for the ACO please start a new thread, or I’ll have to lock this one.

Like I said in my post: my issue is people who do call me a ‘regular’. Because I’m not.

Also, not on either of those squadrons, sorry, although I have met blokes/ladies from both and they seemed like thoroughly nice people. :slight_smile:

[quote=“pEp” post=10277]I think we are straying slightly too far from the original topic. We are talking about how far is too far when applying our rules and regulations, and whether it’s acceptable to lose cadets who don’t fit in with them.

If you want to bring up a discussion about who is in the RAF, who isn’t and just what that means for the ACO please start a new thread, or I’ll have to lock this one.[/quote]

I was trying to make a relevant point…

You were all warned.

Click.