Alcohol at Cadet Dinners

You mean ‘Fall in the fun police’, by the centre Quick March!!!

1 Like

“If the fun starts, stop”

In all my years lurking on this website, that comment has amused me the most.
Well played! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

As we move into dining-in night season and some squadrons will have already made a financial commitment, expect a, “Due to the emergence of discrepancies in the way squadrons conduct dining-in nights, and the need to carry out a HQAC led review, all dining-in nights are paused with immediate effect!”

1 Like

Would this be a ‘it’s a bit windy’ kind of pause, or more of a ‘gliding is paused’? Maybe it’s closer to a ‘all drone flying is paused’’ kind of pause? :rofl:

5 Likes

We hold staff dinners and used to invite the over 18 cadets, it was a great way to bridge the gap and encourage them to become staff. Given this new policy, it is unlikely the we will invite any over 18 cadets again.

I mean, that has never technically been allowed. Lots of people did it. But it goes against policy that already existed. Arguably this policy change doesn’t change anything in your given scenario.

1 Like

This is very interesting, we only have a duty of care when the parents or guardians leave their children with us. If there are present then we cannot have a duty of care.

What happens if during a RAFAC function a parents buys their 18 year old child a pint of Lager? Do we say sorry your child cannot drink as I have a duty of care here not you?

4 Likes

Over 18s are adults and share our duty of care for younger cadets. It seems ridiculous to treat them the same as 12 year olds when it suits !

10 Likes

I completely agree, it’s absolute madness with the double standards of Staff Cadets - they should be staff! But we’re straying into a different thread on that one… keeping it on topic, if cadets are present, I’m a firm believer in not promoting alcohol consumption full stop.

1 Like

Loco Parentis can’t apply if Parens in Loco. Just Sayin’ #CCF

3 Likes