Air squadron trophy/ground training CCF

Well I can categorically tell you it is not the sequence, the CCF have an Ex QCS WO who is far more qualified than WO Bird your RAFAC Drill WO, He authorised our CCF Drill sequence 2 years ago and it will not change

Well you need to feed that back through your change of command to ensure what ever sequence you use is in that folder. Will only lead to confusion when people go looking for the sequence

It gets passed out through the TEST Sgts to each school

1 Like

I think someone is making things up… it’s a RAFAC Drill Sequence not ATC or CCF(RAF).

The best ATC Sqn Team from each Region and the best CCF(RAF) Team (Air Sqn Trophy) then compete at the RAFAC Drill Finals day (which just happened)

CCF(RAF) only have one entry as they are equal in numbers to a region, although this has increased as a result of CEP.

The fact that the head of CCF is only Wg Cdr is another issue, probably should be a Gp Cpt post so there voice is heard at ACMB etc.

1 Like

Incorrect.
The winners of drill in each area might not make the RAST finals and therefore the possible best CCF drill cadets often don’t get to compete against the ATC.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You’re funny!

Read ACTO120, specifically the part where it states that it is for both the ATC and CCF(Air), and which also links through to the ‘Drill competition’ folder, where the sequence @AlexCorbin has highlighted is.

I couldn’t find the ‘Ex-QCS WO, most highly qualified, much better than the ATC, so ner ner!’ Drill sequence folder… Perhaps you could post a link…?:wink:

3 Likes

Love the way this has quickly descended into a ATC, CCF squabble. The issue here is about Moray getting information. It’s not the TEST SNCO fault that information was not passed on. Surely section officer should have had it a while back!

1 Like

Yes someone is making things up I’m afraid,

Is a squabble if one side presents facts as, requested by the OP, and the other refuses to accept them?

I’m confused. If the CCF don’t do the same drill routine as the ATC, at the RAFAC finals, then why is the first entry at the final the CCF?

2 Likes

What my TEST SNCO says is that it hasn’t changed for two years. I don’t know and I don’t understand why the CCF and ATC cannot get along, I am a member of both organisations and can think of advantages and disadvantages for both organisations. The drill sequence should be the same and from what I’ve seen the atc drill sequences tend to be more practical and interesting to me as a CDI and as a general drill enthusiast.

Last year they did the wrong sequence and were marked accordingly.

This year they did the right sequence

It’s almost as if they do there own sequence then who ever wins AST has to go and then learn this sequence…

1 Like

Hmmmmm. Sounds about right!

One Corps remember. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Eh? But they’re all doing the same sequence in last year’s video?

There was certainley one year might not have been 2018 then, it was mentioned at Nationals

I clearly remember it and probably have a copy somewhere. I can’t actually remember if it was Halton or Honington. It was possible there were a couple of such occasions.

The intention (from the command WOs on behalf of Commandant Air Cadets) was that a common sequence was used across RAFAC at national level. ATC Wings (and presumably CCF(RAF) areas) were free to use their own sequence at local levels but the ATC certainly seems to have accepted that to be counterproductive so have adopted the National sequence at Wing level and above.

This system pretty much started about 5 years ago and the intention was that a new sequence was issued at the start of a year and woudl bne used for that year’s competitions. It woudl vary annually to keep it fresh and to allow the opportunity to insert new commands and keep things interfesting and challenging. However, the sequence which was new for 2018 was re-used this year and appears to have stuck for anothe ryear, though I’ve not seen any official confirmation of the fact.

The CCF(RAF) are somewhat compromised by the timings of the AST being so much earlier than even most ATC wing competitions and preparation for next year’s ATC should reasonably start before the previous year’s team has completed at the RAFAC Nationals. I am not sure if there is a reasonable way roung that apart from a) letting them do their own thing until they pick a winner and let them worry about learning the RAFAC sequence or b) get the next sear’s sequence promulgated a few months earlier so the whole organisation can work on it.

1 Like

I do wish the sequence was distributed around this time of year…my cadets are biting at the bit to get cracking on with it

The sequence is in the admin order for the SW area one, not sure about the other areas. I confirm no change. It IS the same as last year.

The reason we chose our own was to stop cadets preforming unauthorised drill movement ( remove headdress with a beret , really ) this movement is designed for an SD hat, after our RAST FINAL the winning drill team get the ATC sequence to rehearse for the RAFAC Drill comp

Removing headdress with berets is entirely reasonable - the issue is merely that the authors of AP818 did not anticipate it needing to be done with anything but an SD cap. It is not the only aspect of AP818 that does not take account of anything that isn’t the regular RAF.

I’d be interested to see the sequence that your part of the CCF is planning to perform.